Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Vectors in 2d

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2008 19:00
In math class we just started vectors. I was looking at some examples and vectors seemed to only be used for 3d applications. do they have use in 2d? as fas as ive learned the resultant of 2 added vectors is used to determine the magnitude and heading after an external stimuli(wind,currents,ect...) affects vector 1. I could see usefulness in 2d games as well as 3d (2d fluid dynamics, top down car physics) stuff like that. again im still only learning and am still a far way from implimenting it, but it seems like to me they would be quite useful......

Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2008 12:00
Philip the pic-a-nic stealing forum bear wrote a very good Vector tutorial. It included a sample of a asteroids type ship control program using 2D vectors. Hopefuly some kind soul will come along and give the link to Philips tutorial.

The word "Gullible" cannot be found in any English Dictionary.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 12:24:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 12:24:43