Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Raycasting and sliding collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2008 23:20
Does DB have included functions/commands so that we can use raycasting for sliding collision ??? Also, can we make a complete yet simple sliding collision system using JUST DBPro or we have to aqquire additional tools ??? I know there is Sparky's DLL but since I don't understand the basis of it, I wanna go through the hassle of making my own thanks

Could you help me treat my injured Dino-Fly ?
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2008 00:19
Hallo Twinsen...of course ...we have the intersect comand and with just that, I made something like sparky`s dll .

Read carefully the code and try to understand it... good luck

oh my god

Attachments

Login to view attachments
pirate
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2008 11:04
sparky's would be your best bet..it works great and is fast..you can find all sorts of collision code that will bog down your system..

thanks, pirate
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2008 15:08
hmm chafari, I tried to run your code but apparently you have additional 3d objects which I require so I couldn't see the result could somebody please explain me just the basic idea of sliding collision made possible under DB ??? please, just tell me as an overall, what I should be looking for ( checking for ) and what functions would I need ... just that and thanks a million !!!!!!!!!

Could you help me treat my injured Dino-Fly ?
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2008 23:11
Hallo again Twinsen...I will explain step by step what you will have to do ...ok? haha....firt of all....download the media files clicking the nice red botton and I`m pretty sure that you can find there every thing you need to see this example....for sure you will see that your level will work with the same code.

Try again..downloading first, and if you need more help...let me know....bye

oh my god

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 12:15:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 12:15:28