Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Simple placement tool (Useful for placing objects then applying physics etc.)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is a very simple tool I quickly cooked up for Fighting Through Darkness.

Basically you fly around a level you specified and place objects you loaded in. I only have a barrel and untextured box right now but its still useful to get a bunch of object positions without having to trial and error it in your app.

The positions are then saved into a .txt file so you can use them in a different app.

My knowledge of data files in DBPro is limited so its very simple.

Feel free to add to it and improve it anyway you want its just a dead project of mine really and anyone wanting to use it for any reason feel free.

When you start it you must enter the name of your level object (the included level is "universe.dbo") and then enter the height you want the camera to start on the y axis (in the included levels case "500") the level will then be loaded and collision applied.

I'm sure there are much better apps out there that do the same thing with better results but I could never find one, so here it is for whatever reason you may want it.

To compile you will need NGC, but i'm sure it could be easily converted to sparkys if desired.

Controls:
W,A,S,D to move
Mouse to look
Scroll mouse whell to Increase/Decrease camera speed
Right click to control camera
Middle mouse button to change object

Link: Very Simple Level Editor

Check out my site for the latest on my games.
A Tea Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2008 22:43
do you think you could give some screenys? i would download it but i like to see what im getting.

wind27382
Years of Service
User Offline
seems like a good idea. but would love to see more

wind
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Theres a video here.

Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
***Bump***

Anyone think they may like to try improve on this?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:29:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:29:49