Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Vista Program End crash

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
OK so I run my darkgdk.net app on xp exits fine. run it on my vista box I get a crash message every time any one else having this I even get the problems with the demo apps.

Thanks,
Terry
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2008 21:48
Yup. Happened to me - see the OOP / DarkGDK thread. AndrewT took my code (tested and 100%) on XP! and same thing.

I asked him to try in Visual Studio and send me a screenie. It was blowing up at a WRITEMEMBLOCK command.

I wonder if its a bug. I had him comment out that code, and it blew up (I think..check that thread) at another memblock command.

Almost as if the ENDIAN, BYTE ALIGNMENT, or something hosed it really bad OR WORSE!!! TGC has code internal that tried to work one way under VISTA and another way under XP - A vulnerable thing to do if you ask me...

I tend to lean towards memblock bug regardless of the hows and whys... until I have more info anyway... that's my story ... and I'm sticking to IT!

Fusspawn
Years of Service
User Offline
I had the same issue as discussed in antoher thread and it can only be the memblock commands causing it ;/

Stuck in the land of the confused! and loving it!
Epipfany Game Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks guys I was wondering if it was just me

Thanks,
Terry

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 03:52:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 03:52:30