Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help with moving an object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im a complete and utter noob so please bear with me.

Im making an FPS with a mini overhead display in the upper-right hand
corner of the screen. i want to make it so that if i click anywhere in the the overhead screen, the object will move to that location.

Are there any functions that can do this? or do i have to make the code on my own, and if so how? sorry for the bother but I am really new to this sort of thing.
jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2008 22:30
Probably not to do that exact thing. You can determine where the mouse is when clicked pretty easily, the cool part is finding out what that means, and doing something with that that is consistent and useful.

Do you have DBPro? It might be easier to figure it out with DBPro, and translate it to GDK. I can't really use GDK right now, although I should make that so, I'm not wanting to take the time and effort. I could get you started with a DBPro example, is that acceptable?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-08 03:50:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-08 03:50:53