Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / load object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2008 20:45
hello ... it seems I have problems with this command .... the only files which work are .X and sometimes .3DS but even these 2 have problems ... why is it that DB will only load objects saved/exported only by certain programs ??? Only 2 or 3 programs can do this as all others seem to give errors in DB while there is no actual problem with the model itself ... the same model with the same extension is accepted or refused, depending on the program which has exported it ... is this normal ???

Could you help me treat my injured Dino-Fly ?
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope... Its not.

Give me an example and explain it more so I could help you. DBPro can load .x and .3ds with no problems from any program.

You are using DBPro arent you?

Check out my site for the latest on my games.
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2008 22:12
yep, DBPro ... and also, when id DOES manage to load the files, it takes really long (2-3 seconds ) ... so if I have a model and I save it as .X, with LithUnwrap it works, with 3D Game Studio it doesn't, with UV Unwrap it does, with AC3D it doesn't ...

Paul08
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2008 22:27
search the forum for a converter.

convert your models into .dbo format this will load lightning fast - works well for me!

Paul
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2008 22:43
hmm can you please tell me what program should I use in order to texture and animate my characters and then export it directly into .DBO format ??? please help me out here

Paul08
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2008 15:01
no commercial program / free program will export straight into .dbo.
you will need to convert your .3ds or .x file into a dbo file, again have a look around the forum theres quite a lot about it.

a lot of people i hear use milkshape 3d modeller etc..

Paul
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2008 15:03
thanks, I found FragMotion after all

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 12:15:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 12:15:42