Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / PegBlast - Circular Breakout Game (Early Test)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2008 03:13 Edited at: 20th Mar 2008 03:15
I've been experimenting with creating a breakout style game. This version uses a round board with 3 paddles moved using the mouse(Click the mouse to start the ball rolling if it drops off the playing area). Each paddle changes the ball colour and the ball must match a peg colour to remove it.

Here is a screenie.

As I said it's a very early prototype with basic graphics, no menus, and just one level.

I'm just after opinions on what should be added/improved. Any constructive comments are appreciated.

D3DFunc - Superfast Antialiased text & much much more

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2008 09:24
Not bad, perhaps the cylinders/pegs could get bigger toward the end, as it's quite annoying getting those last few, the rotation should be a bit smoother I think, and maybe slightly less sensitive, and of course powerups! Like more paddles, more balls, some type of gravity well that keeps the balls near the center and things like that would be cool.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2008 19:10
I side with dark coder - he is right. Good start!

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
I also agree with dark coder...

But I think this is so cool I love breakout, and this just adds so much more potentiol to such a simple game.

This is a very good idea, Great start!

Check out my site for the latest on my games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:30:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:30:37