Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Syndicate remastered

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
whatever happened to this project?
and anyone have any plans on reviving it?
sorry if this is in the wrong place
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2008 15:01
Not really the place, this section is for peoples work in progress, like a project that is fairly developed that you might ask for feedback on.

The SR project is pretty much dead right now as far as I know, due mainly to the fact that nobody else seemed to want to provide any work for it. I mean it was supposed to be Uberwigget's baby, yet I was working away on it with another guy, while wigget flip flopped between other projects!. It all became pointless before very long. I mean Wigget is not even around the forum these days.

less is more, but if less is more how you keeping score?
Mefisto telis
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, and what about the things that were made?

Is the engine open-source? Is it published somewhere?

And what about the models that were created?
Is there any way to get them?

btw, these are little effects of my work:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/holomenu
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 13:04
All the media was actually just stand-in, and the editor is not nearly finished, never mind the engine.

It would be something best started from scratch IMO.

If this is something you want to take up, then I suggest changing the name, and making it your own project. The engine was based on Operation Invasion Evasion, which the full source was released. My code is pretty messy though, which is why I was developing a new engine for it.

Virtual X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2008 19:21 Edited at: 25th Mar 2008 19:23
skint, DUDE, don't do that! you got me all excited about Syndicate, damn it, damn it and double damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VanB, if you have the project, I don't suppose I could take alook as Syndicate was something I always played on my Amiga 500, I could do with a project like that!
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 17:45
I remember that game. Oh of course because I am wiggett And yeah I flip flopped because i had very little knowledge of coding and was on the outs with media creation. Now I am full time security guard at a university and have all but quit media full stop

There wasn't much I could do with sr, it began as a team based fps, then the team dev on that left for getting paid work somewhere. And after being amazed at Van's oie game I wanted to revamp the project to that tune. Last I heard of it I was going to make some live action cut scenes while they worked on the engine/editor. I then decided to turn it into a short film series (I've got half the scripts done), then I decided I would need at least $10k to get what I envisioned, and working only enough to barely cover my rent I put the project to rest.

Now I have a full time job and a career aiming for counter terrorism I am earnign heaps but it's going towards further education. it would be at least another year before I could start work on a film series again.

SO THAT'S WHERE I'VE BEEN!

Feel free to take the name syndicate remastered and work on your own project. Let me know how it goes as well cause I'm hella crazy with ideas etc and I love syndicate. But just don't tempt me with anything further than story design, cause I'll just go crazy for games dev again.

Syndicate remastered: Corporate persuasion through urban violence.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 18:08
Damn Wigget long time no see!

Hope you don't take my comments personally, I actually miss your sense of humour around the forum, you should try and visit more often, your like some cousin that we only see at funerals!

I'd love to see it done too, it was a great game.

Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 18:13
No it's ok I did bounce between projects that relied on others to give me teh c0dez! I just didn't have it But I would certainly liek to see someone working on the remake, I just don't have time for it myself.

Mefisto telis
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, time is always a problem...

I don't have much of it too, so I think it is enough for me to work on the menu. Maybe when I'll finish it I will think about something more.

Anyway publishing all the 3D models could help in finding volunteers to work on the project. And even if not - maybe someone will at least create some cyberpunk renderings with it?
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2008 18:42 Edited at: 29th Mar 2008 18:42
Johnny Ree did some FANTASTIC work on concept art for models, and I remember supremacy making some fantastic models from it too. But all that is gone, Zircher did some work on models for vehicles and weapons, pretty good job capturing the original feel too, but you will have to ask him for them.

Out of interest though if you did work on it, would you try and remake the same game or take it on a different angle? Like I said it was a 2d remake which became a 3d fps then back to a 3d remake. I'd like to see it take a team strategy fps angle again, but I also loved the oie engine for it's cannon fodderness. I am going to build a snazzy new windows box soon which will support dx10, and I may get fps creator x10 to fulfill my fps fantasies. But if you want some good mission designs let me know cause I get hella bored at work and can write things.

gah! here I go again with game dev.

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
I always loved Syndicate, too bad that the SR project is dead.
But in case it should be revived, I'd consider contributing some artwork. I do have my own projects, but my passion for Syndicate would make me go the extra mile (as long as my free time would permit it).
You can check my blog for some of my works http://www.irradic.blogspot.com/.
Would be great if someone would revive SR.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2008 15:06
I quite like your work there irradic, really nice modelling and I dig the cartoonish shading on your model. If enough of you people are interested in actually volunteering for the project I might discuss it with you all on msn or some such, see if we can't come to an agreement on game design. But best we stop spamming the wip board when it's not even a wip so add me to msn: robtronx@hotmail.com just make sure you let me know you're from tgc and not just some girl I hit on in mirc...

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 19:09 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2008 19:35
I have been in touch with Wiggett, and as I promised I did take some of my spare time to contribute a model.
Here is my version of the Eurocorp Agent.I think the model is original enough to be reused in an original titel, just in case there should be IP problems with Syndicate.
So far I had time enough to do some work on the textures of the upper body. More renders \ viewport caps once I'm done.

Early Viewport Capture

Teaser Render

Polycount is 3800. Since it isn't 100% sure if the game would be in an isometrically view, or 3rd person. I wanted something which is in any case pleasant to view

I hope to see this project going again. If not under the Syndicate titel, maybe as an original titel with gameplay inspired by the Syndicate games.
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 19:24
in other words this guy is awesome!

Irradic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 00:13 Edited at: 5th May 2008 11:00
Finally found enough time to finish all the texture work. I made some screen captures inside Darkbasic Pro, which can be seen below.

Model uses 1x Diffuse Map, 1x Normal Map and 1 Specular Color Map.
Created in 3ds Max, Modo31 and Photoshop.

I will animate the character once I have the time. But for now I will concentrate on my own project, at least until it has been decided if work on the project will continue or not.
Julian Moors
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 02:17
That's awesome modelling work irradic. I too was a fan of Syndicate and I would love to see a remake of this amazing game. The only skills I could contribute to this project would be web development and testing. I do own DB Pro, but I haven't used it for quite a while, so I probably wouldn't be able to code for this project.

Personally I think we have enough to at least start with a few ideas (level design, missions weapons etc). What do you guys think?
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 14:39
hey hey everybody!

At the moment I am working full time, but I have been saving up lots of the cash we all know and love. I have just started purchasing some lighting equipment and will be getting my backdrop in right away to start doing some comedy show work on a green screen. I'm still working with a writer to create the script to my syndicate mini-series and thus what I envisioned as a portion of this game. At the moment we only really have concept design and as much as I'd love to get on board to plan out a game I don't really have the time unless I know I can get people coding on it.

Irradic has done some fantastic work on this model and I don't want to see it go to waste! perhaps I need to make a demo video with a suited up actor to get people interested.

Mefisto telis
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, videos may be be really motivating.

I will have to think seriously about a forum next to my Syndicate site - some people asked me to create one, and it would be great place to open discussion about the remake.
I want to make scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2008 22:35
If you need a artist, I can help with other concept art. The only prob is that I don't have much time because of school ecc. hehe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 02:34:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 02:34:03