Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / clearing part of the screen

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been trying to work this out for a while, DBPro comes with a clear screen command cls which clears the entire screen, but is it possible to only clear part of the screen so something like cls top of cleared screen, left of cleared screen, bottom of cleared screen, right of cleared screen.

I probably havent explained this very well so feel free to ask if you don't get what im asking about.

Thanks anyone who knows anything about this.

p.s. my program allows you to draw on the screen and is only in 2D - if that helps in any way.
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 21:57
well you could always do this: instead of CLS, do CLS and then render just what you need ... I'm not sure but I don't think DBPro has a built-in method for what u need

Could you help me treat my injured Dino-Fly ?
Twu Kai
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, if you need certain parts of the screen to not leave trails over them and things like that then you could just use the BOX command over the area you want to clear. I might not have understood completely, so sorry if this doesn't help.

andycb
Years of Service
User Offline
Twu Kai - i think im going to have to that to get this to work
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2008 19:18
The BOX command is the way you do it:

If you don't provide the colour parameters, then it will use the current ink colour. The colours can all be different to give various effects too.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 12:16:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 12:16:41