Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / my screen shivers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2003 19:02
hey , this is strange:

i was developing my first try out of this basic and rolled an sphere with selfmade texture over a matrix wich i randomized and textured as well, when i cam to developing the sphere moving around in the matrix i found that when the camera follows or when the sphere turns and moves at the same time the it shivers

i worked out most of the stuf like the reason was that it try to do it in turns and like turns, moves,turns,moves,turns,moves or moves,camera follow,moves,follow
but how can i stop this?
anyone know? plz tell me
laterZz
Algae Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2003 19:26
Yay I get to explain the concept of manual sync to a newbie!

Have you tried "sync on"? It's in my opinion one of the most important commands in DarkBasic. It activates manual sync. Without "sync on", DarkBasic will render the scene each time something is changed, like the camera is moved or an object is repositioned. This is a horribly inefficient way of doing things. That's why there's "sync on". Use "sync on" at the beginning of your program, and then the scene will only be rendered when you place the "sync" command.

Example:

sync on
load object "object.x",1

do
turn object left 1,1
sync
loop

Put the command "SYNC" at the end of your main loop, or wherever you want to render.

Hope this answers your question. Read more about sync commands in DB manual.

y!Ck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 14:30
tnx
ialready found out just before you said it but tnx anyway

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 13:26:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 13:26:20