Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / FPS Creator X10 Multiplayer Map "Survival"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 04:54 Edited at: 31st Mar 2008 05:01
Hi guys,

just a simple map to test out how this multiplayer maps runs on others computers and if there are any connection or hosting problem that come up.

The map is essentially a large rectangle, 3 floors high, with water effects in it which makes the player swim 2 floors under the map and around to a secret room at the 3rd floor up that the player can snipe from. Its frame rate when walking around on my own is a steady 304 frames per second and the lowest it has gone down to is 234. If some people could download and test it on their local network or with a mate or two I would be grateful thanks.

Its free to download like everything on my website for FPS Creator makers.

Download here http://www.techville.co.uk/survival.htm

Also forgot to mention it is a 4 player map. It has been made on a pc with the following specs:

Intel quad core 2 Processor 2.4ghz 1066 mhz FSB 8MB cache
Windows Vista Premium
Dual 512mb Nvidia Geforce 8800GT Graphics Cards
2048MB Dual channel DDR2 SD Ram

Hear no evil, see no evil

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 04:57
scrreny from second room after you have swam under the level and went up the stairs. Hopefully my other maps will be a lot more detailed if this one works fine. I will try a WWII style range of maps as there are limited models that are X10 compatible.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bobert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 16:42
Nice!

therapy has taught me not to talk to men with needles
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 19:33
thanks i hope the water effects dont lag the game too much they shouldnt really like as even when water is set to zero when u fall off the edge of a map what do you land in ....water even though its set to zero. Hope you guys enjoy playing it and if it works i will make some more

lata bobert

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 09:59
Looks really really nice! Love it!

DevilMouse Developments Lead Developer
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 22:51
thanks rampage if you havea powerful enough PC download it and try it out with a few mates lemme know if it works ok and I will make another one with the WWII characters.

Light Samus
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, this game looks awesome. I love how you are using sci-fi elements, a lot of people forget that while there are WW2 and modern-day models, there are awesome sci-fi models.
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 20:48
thanks man, yeah yer right samus everyone says too they want more model packs and stuff but why don't they make a complete game with the ones they have 1st, then for the next game use some new ones...i just dont get it lol

AlanC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 23:04
Pretty. I like it.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2008 23:30
Cool, when my new PC arrives, I'll give it a test run

[img]
[/img] Check out the Elite OPS Terrorstike thread in the showcase.
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 04:15
thanks slayer I got my new Pc about a week and a half ago, it totally rocks. If your up for a game let me know and if you make any as well I can help test some of yours out if you like.

What kinda specs is the one your getting?

cheers slayer and cheers at Alan too.

When I finish my first level on one player I will post it up as well, been addicted to new game for PC at mo which I have also created a section for on my website for players of it, however I am working slowly but surely on a one player game as well using the sci fi old models and the new ones mixed together.

Its sort of an interstellar war going on in space over resources, earth think they are the only planet who can run out of resources, as other alien cultures are so far advanced they must have devised ways to generate new sources of energy and materials etc, however that is not the case.

Not sure about the whole story however it will be along those lines nite nite guys

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 08:11
Quote: "What kinda specs is the one your getting?"
8800GTX 640MB, Intel 2.4Ghz dual core, 500W Power supply, 2GB of RAM. It's actually an upgrade on my current PC. 650 Canadian dollars down the drain Is X10 your first FPSC? How good is it? Testing help would be great later. I'm not going to be fully upgraded for a month or two though

[img]
Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 12:15
Downloaded it and it works like a dream. I can play this afternoon . (I have school from 2-7.30 [greece time I think it's +2 for Great Britain?]

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 16:26
hey greek hows it going unfortunately I am in work at the mo, if your free say this saturday afternoon we could meet up on it and test it out as I am playing football tonight. You can add me to your msn if you like so i can chat to you and log on at same time. Same goes for slayer if u wanna chat, my msn is:

hazzmanuk@hotmail.com

glad to hear it works well on your pc too greek. Slayer your pc sounds almost exzactly the same as mine from the specs at the first post except your graphics card is slightly updated from mine, as I have 2 cards of the 8800GT the model before your one. Hope you get it soon man maybe we can all hook up and try it out online.

I have the other FPSC creator but games i have tried always suffer slowdown at some point no matter how many methods or tricks etc i try just not good enough. X10 however is good enough in the other FOS Creator I bought up to model packs 6 and after that I gave up on it but X10 is definately a dream come true. First time u see the water effects when you test out your games i was like...WOW lol

I definately think X10 is the better of the two programs not just for looks but i mean for reliability. Ony my new pc i installed FPSC creator on vista but i get so far then no matter what i do theres always a line error or reference error when the game compiles. I am just waiting until they release the other model packs i purchased, any pack you bought in FPSC the normal one is downloadable or will be if its not already, converted into an X10 compatible one. At the moment only model packs 1 and 2 are x10 compatible so we just have to wait until the others are available, then it will be the best thing since sliced bread.

Workin on my website tonight and the World War 2 style multiplayer map which I have a nice idea for .

Lata dudes

Greek freak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 19:55
Added you in msn mate . See you there.

The problem is not if there isn't after-death-life. The problem is if there is no life in life!
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 22:00
not a problem got you locked and loaded see ya on there tonight maybe i will be on it

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2008 22:40
Yeah, the main reason I'm upgrading my PC and getting FPSC X10 is for the stability. Is it true the AI is smart and that FPSC X10 has almost no lag or stability issues? I think we should make an FPSC X10 multiplayer club and play over the summer with each other. If there is enough interest, I'll start making a website

[img]
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 00:44
yeah it be good to get a load of maps we have created and share them about and get others to contribute too or something. On my website I could link to it as well in my links section and on the homepage .

I have to say with my dual graphics cards I put about 35 entities in one room they were boxes, items on tables etc along with dynamic ones to pick up like weapons and stuff and some enemies and when nothing is on teh screen fps creator x10 runs at around 475 frames per second or higher sometimes it fluctuates a bit, the lowest i have seen it go and it still is smooth is 116 and it still is really smooth i have to say. Yes the AI is a lot smarter, they try to avoid your bullets when you shooot at them more fluently and when they reload they try and get cover then when reloaded pop back out again and stuff.

You can also do the friend system where you can have someone in your team and you can tell them to come with you or attack the other computer AI and stuff, it really is quite amazin you need to see it to beleive it.

Check out youtube i think there is a video showing the new dark ai in action its awesome. Some peopel say X10 has some bugs now and again I haven't run into any and I have been using it everyday for 2 weeks without a hitch. I am interested if you are in that multiplayer club

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 02:50 Edited at: 4th Apr 2008 05:45
Yeah, I watched every video I can find. I'm so hyped for my new PC and X10! For the MP club, I think we should get a few good maps up and a way to enter maps so they can be added to the play rotation. Every map should have a different genre IMO, to keep the game fresh. Plus with over 5 maps is going to be hard to find people willing to download and keep them all. If you want to try getting a website up, then go ahead What genres do you want to do?
I want to do a modernday if it isn't taken
Lets get this started! Also, we should have a sign-up area for us to see who is in and can play with us.
Slayer_2
P.S. Check this out: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=127054&b=21

[img]
When penguins go Mad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 05:49
Not bad not bad at all

Running it on a quad core 2.4ghz OCed to 2.8ghz 2x8800 ultra cards with 8gb ocz ram
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 19:03
hey slayer yeah you can do anything ya like modern day alien or anything at all I am easy I like that program you linked me to for the multiplayer system its quite cool I have to say, wonder how it works :p

Hey Penguins glad you like it nice spec of PC you have there too, I have uploaded another level a bit bigger and more complex maybe you can try it as well its called "Sewagefest" I will create another thread and display it and some screenshots I took with it.

lata dudes playin C & C kanes wrath tonight and updating some of the battles for it on my website so I will make available the new map for download later tonight (or early hours of morning knowing me)

see yas

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 21:19 Edited at: 4th Apr 2008 21:20
K then, good luck with that

[img]
puppy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 01:37
ill take 8

wihte ninjas wihte ninjas wihte ninjas wihte ninjas playing my 360

sierra 036 come pley halo 3 i use noob combo
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 01:43
Too bad I canceled my good PC order. I'm going to stick with this one for a while...

[img]
[/img] Official Airmod fanboy. Member of the Airlside fan club
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 15:26
hey slayer how come you cancelled it you are missing out big time man i am makin another new level as well called "infiltration" using the WWII models in FPS creator x10.

you should get your pc from dell if you havent got the money you can when they have deals on buy now pay or start paying next year.

Got some more new tunes I am working on as well if you wanna use them in your games creation.

lata dudes

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 17:48
Well, I figured X10 alone wasn't worth it. Also, Airmod only works for FPSC X9 But anyhow, I'm going to buy one custom from boomers computers in a few months. Maybe 650 bucks though.

[img]
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 19:53
all may not be lost slayer i am gonna be purchasing over next month or so the game creation software by garage games "Torque game builder" the 2d version first and try out some of my C++ skills I have learned over the past year and half from my courses and see if i can make cool 2d games that can be played on multiple platforms so any free games I make you may still be able to play them on your current pc keep an eye out

Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 02:40
as with my other levels i will have a video added for this map soon so you can see it in action before downloading as screenshots dont really show enough i think

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 04:59
All be here. Just so you know, my PC handles Crysis very well, but X10 is so freakin steep system requirements wise

[img]
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 20:36
hmmm does your computer have dual graphics cards? If it does and your running them without using SLI technology enabled (in the control panel usually of the graphics card utility program) it can cause even powerful PC's to slow down. I have crisis too and I can play it only on medium settings. I tried it without the SRI enabled and it was kinda jumpy in medium graphics but enabling it makes it so much smoother and perfect.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2008 21:39
I have an 7800 GT 256 MB Not top-of-the-line hardware for sure, but it gets the job done. Too bad my 500W power supply just went belly-up, as it really gave a performance boost. Oh well, back to my 300W I guess.

[img]
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 20:37
nice have u tried ebay slayer you can get 500w power supplies dirt cheap and second hands one are next to nothing only problem is cause they r so heavy the postage is a little extra but usually can get one about half price.

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 20:58
I use used Victoria. Like ebay but in-town so you can pick it up yourself.

[img]
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 21:02
is that wher eu can like order stuff from it and it arrive there or u pick something off ebay and they do all the orderin and stuff for u?

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 21:11
You email or phone them about it, get their address then go pick it up and pay with cash.

[img]
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2008 22:13
definately sounds al ot more secure than ebay thats for sure i have made over 700 transactions on ebay and only had trouble with about 3 or 4 of them however places like this sound a lot more secure and wont have any kinda fraud or anything which is always good no fraud = happy customer lol

puppy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2008 01:41
me likey me dowload when me computer come k

Lost Planet Of Metlyio episodes 1-4 and full game preorders
www.freewebs.com/50calgames + news on my new game bioengineer
Hazzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2008 15:01