Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Is it possible to make a music player with visualization in DBpro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi i am a complete noob with DB and DBpro and wondered if its possible to make a music player with visualization that flashes to the beat of the music?

also i started a 3D desktop for xp with DBC but hit many many problems, like how to get icon images pasted onto a 3D object or even convert files with ico file type to bmp. please tell me its impossible so i can convince myself to start something else
MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 15:50 Edited at: 31st Mar 2008 15:51
If you do a search under "visualization", you will find a few bits like this one

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=55778&b=1

I don't think it was ever completed, but there is source posted so it may help you get started.

Everyone Be Cool, You, Be Cool.
dark nooby
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the info i currently have DBclassic and was deciding to upgrade to DB pro which would have been pointless if i couldnt achieve either of these two projects. I havnt touched any code since the days of the dreaded vic-20 1989 (3MHz CPU 128KB RAM)if my memory serves me right. DarkBASIC is the only language thats inspired me to start again

May the Code be with you!!
dark nooby
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks alot MSON I copied the code at the link you provided and used a ACDC song called "back in black.wav" and the visualisation actually worked !!!
will only work on .WAV files
I had to use window media player to rip a cd and save the tracks as .wav format.

regards mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 12:15:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 12:15:44