Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Collision

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2002 22:31
Wow i knew the built-in collision was slow, bit this is taking the p.

Normally i get 35fps when running the game im making, ive just added collision now i get 1fps! Now my game is going to take alot longer unless someone has some maths collision code they'd like to share, or i can find some on the darkbasiccodebase.
www.shockforge.com ShockForge Software
www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
...::::ShockForge::::...
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2002 22:39
found some math collision on the codebase theres quite a couple different examples.

www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2002 03:30
i'd use array sliding collision, probably with standard boxes to make it even faster

the DB 1.13 has the code for sliding collision in the examples, and it's pretty easi to setup an array and then an if...endif for it

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2002 21:49
thanx, i'll take a look (give me some bedtime reading material )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:41:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:41:40