Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Bit of help setting up sparky

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 01:19 Edited at: 4th Apr 2008 16:00
I'm trying to setup sparkys dll. Its the first time I've used it and I'm having a few problems with my code.

Thank you for your help.

I'll add something later on.
DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 16:09
What problems?

I'm Pro grammer.
sprite
Years of Service
User Offline
It crashes. The complier reads it ok but when the exe runs it crashes. I have never set up sparkys dll before so I've more than likely missed something important.

I'm trying to get the terrain to have collision with the player.

Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2008 22:46 Edited at: 4th Apr 2008 23:11
I am very new to all of this too, so I probably don't know what I am talking about but I think the sc_setupTerrainCollision is for use on an Advanced Terrain. Your loading an object as your terrain so I think you need to use sc_setupComplexObject instead. That should stop the crashing. But you then need to look for the collisions using sc_objectCollision or sc_groupCollision. And then you have to work out what to do about the collision using other Sparky's functions. Sparky's dll comes with a bunch of sample code. Look in there and it will show you how it's done.

EDIT:- Maybe I'm wrong about sc_setupTerrainCollision only being for an A.T. but it is expecting the object to be separated into limbs. Hope this helps.
sprite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2008 00:32 Edited at: 5th Apr 2008 01:14
Thanks krisper it stopped crashing.
Now it runs and closes without showing anything.
One step forward.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 12:24:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 12:24:27