Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / how do i - set a sphere, add an image to sphere and then rotate sphere

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, im after a little bit of help with a project.

im trying to make a lottery program with spinning 3d balls. one way i tried was to model the balls in 3ds max and i saved them as an avi, i made a program that randomised a number between 1-49 then loaded the correct avi for that number - but i have problems with that (as in my other post in this section).

now what i have come up with is this: is there a way to create a sphere (which i have done (big woooo)
add a jpg image to the sphere
then rotate the spehere constantly,
i want to repeat this 6 times so i have 6 spheres all rotating together each with different images on them.
the images i have done but i have not yet started any program as i wanted to see how easy this would be.

i also own blitz3d and have managed to do this in that program but i came up against a brick wall, besides i like dark basic better.

any help is so much appreciated.

thanks.

we may be many nations but we are only one human being.
Jurassicp
Years of Service
User Offline
i figured it out, i have now got a sphere with a loaded texture which in hindsight is better than what i originally wanted to do and i will progress this further.

thanks anyway and if anyone else needs any help doing a similar thing dont hesitate to ask me and ill help all i can

we may be many nations but we are only one human being.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 12:21:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 12:21:55