Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / how do creat a box around input commands once the program is up and running?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i need to create a box in which i can type commands in so that it changes the code in the program or add to the program code.
Krisper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 23:18 Edited at: 7th Apr 2008 03:36
The input command will create the input box for you and will then wait for the user to type something in the box and press enter. The program will then take what was typed and continue. You could change the value of a variable using what was typed in the input box. The information returned is a string so you would need to convert it to another type if you wanted it to be an integer or something else. You would also need to add some error checking to make sure what was typed in was a number, if that was required.

I suggest you start doing some of the very basic tutorials, they show you input boxes and many other simple but useful things.

EDIT:- I see luskos has already given you a working example http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=127250&b=7. Did you even try the example?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 12:14:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 12:14:52