Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / is it possible ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 22:54
I was thinking ... is it possible for someone to create the desired effects of DarkShader, DarkAI, DarkPhysics, etc. just with DBPRO ??? I know I am not capable of such coding, but just as an idea, is it possible ??? or are those tools must-have ? cause it's really "not polite" if I may say so for a company to give you a full game engine "disected" into many small parts, charging sums of money for individual tools ... it's like Windows would release the kernel and then make you pay for Paint, Notepad, etc. ... I'm not saying anything bad though, I just wanted to know if we can still make the same games just with DBPro, without those expensive yet very useful tools

Could you help me treat my injured Dino-Fly ?
Twu Kai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2008 23:26 Edited at: 9th Apr 2008 23:27
I should think so. DarkShader - I think, as I haven't used it before - is a way to easily create/implement into DBP shaders, but you can load shaders in anyway, DarkAI is probably just a matter of making lots of code (for pathfinding etc) and DarkPhysics... well, it'd be a neat thing to have and would probably be faster than if it was solid coded DBP physics, but a game doesn't need that level of physics to be fun. I'm just saying this from what I've read, though, so sorry if something I say is wrong.

Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 07:30
yeah I heard the same ... that DarkShader was made using DBPro and I assume DarkAI is just a very big code thingy ... and about DarkPhysics I think they import the AGEIA system ... anyway, I myself don't like physics that real arcade all the way

calcyman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 13:54
DarkPhysics can interfere with the game logic, as it takes control over some of your objects. For example, it would ruin a game if someone could shoot rounds of bullets at a wall to cause it to fall down.

The optomist's right, The pessimist's right.
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 14:50
yes ... I believe physics is something one should develop differently, in order to suit every game independently

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 12:14:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 12:14:56