Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [DBP] Subtitles/Credit Scroller using D3DFunc

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2008 22:48 Edited at: 11th Apr 2008 01:40
Here is the start of a title scroller/subtitler I am working on using D3DFunc. It is something I'm putting together for the helpfiles.

You basically setup a sequence of titles in a UDT array and the call the start sequence routine to play the titles. It is all timer based and uses action states to enable it to play over your existing game loop without inteferance (that's why the spinning cube is there).

Here is an Image

and the source is attached. You will obviously need the D3DFunc dll.

I hope to add to this over the coming weeks and am open to any suggestions/criticisms.

Cheers

Cloggy

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Oneka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 01:28
Hey do you think you could make a lib for us DarkGDK users?
I would like to use it because I might be able to get unicode support with it, maybe not but I would imagine that it would still be better than native GDK commands..

Making dreams possible, one line at a time...
Cloggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2008 01:40
I'm sure someone has already done something to convert this to use in the GDK. It's not something I have much knowledge on unfortunately.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:20:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:20:22