Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / error with transparency

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 05:10
okay so I have an image for my title screen with a red background. and im using this code:

whenever i compile it i get the image but the redbackground is still there. why? i cant figure it out! (image attached)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 05:51 Edited at: 12th Apr 2008 06:12
add the texture flag when you load the image.
this:

should be this:

edit: looking closer at your png file, you antialiased the lettering against the red which gives you softer edges. that's all well and good but the "pink" pixels between pure white and pure red and still gonna show. so, giving a heads up there incase you weren't expecting that. i whipped up a similar image with a transparent background that should look a bit better (i tried to stay close to your current font/layout but did it pretty quickly). feel free to use it if you wish (note: use the download button to retrieve the actual .png file. the view button won't get you the right one, nor will right-clicking the image itself and using "save as"):

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2008 15:01
use IrfanView

Could you help me treat my injured Dino-Fly ?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 14:24:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 14:24:21