Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Newton physics Tutorials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2008 16:28
I'm wondering if there are any good tutorails on Newton Physics, because i have no clue how to use it and I'm not buying dark physics. So if anyone can point me in a direction please do.

I'm a noob help will be accepted
The Air Pump
Years of Service
User Offline
Newton comes with some help files that list the commands, and it also comes with some examples as well.

I found Newton to be very glitchy on my version of DBP, however. Even the demos were pretty badly glitched. For example, the first person shooter one has flickering text and forces the player to fly around in circles like it's based on some timer/sine/cosine function.

But back on point, if all else fails, depending on the type of game you're doing, programming your own physics is pretty easy as long as they're not attempting to imitate the real world exactly.
Windsept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2008 02:21
This might help some. CuCuMBeR does an excellent job explaining Newton. But unfortunately I also found Newton to be glitchy at times. Hope it works great for you though.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=55741&b=6

Windsept
White Fang 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2008 03:24
ok thanks!

I'm a noob help will be accepted

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 14:26:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 14:26:50