Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Can U SCREEN SCRAPE!!!???!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, am new to Dark basic and have a question if i may What i am trying to do is run a web based program in a window on its own , this program has a its own sub window where numbers appear, what i would like to do is for dark basic to grab them/OCR them, screen scrape or whatever into a varible so that i can process this data,, inside of DB.

Or, is there a 3rd party program that would read the other program, convert it into numbers, straight into DB or maybe export the data to the windows clipboard then is it possible to read this into DB?
Any help would be appreciated also, as this would be an interesting project for some one, i am willing to pay via papal or other method for a working solution to these problems. Thanks for your time.
PresFox
Years of Service
User Offline
trying to make a spambot are we?

Microsoft isnt evil, they just make really crappy operating systems -- Linus torvalds
Anonymous User
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 00:05 Edited at: 16th Apr 2008 00:06
Seems so, it looks like he wants to bypass image verification (CAPTCHAs). There is a way, using image trawling. And I think google were inventing a search method that also indexed text in images, therefore allowing you to read the captcha code. Use google you'll probably find out more than I know.

???
wiztek
Years of Service
User Offline
No nothing like that, but thanks for your help anyway, have contracted a programmer who is going to sort it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 14:30:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 14:30:44