Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / TEXT COMMAND IN FUNCTIONS NOT WORKING

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2003 21:25
This may be a bug or it may be m dodgy programming. I am working in pro and i have written a function which needs to incorporate the TEXT command to work correctly. Dbpro is patched up but the TEXT command does not relay any text to the screen. I have tried it outside the function and with different colors but to no avail. Any help plz
"We are getting aggravated"
"Yes, we are"
Bloodshot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2003 23:59
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 02:35
Did that code actually work for you. I have figured out the problem though. It is a bug. I think that if you do not have the text command on the main source it will not work on any other source. So i put a text command displaying a blank string on my primary source and then my function worked. i think the reason yours worked was because it was on the same source file. Try splitting the function away from the core

"We are getting aggravated"
"Yes, we are"
Bloodshot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2003 02:38 Edited at: 9th Jul 2003 05:20
Yes my code works, did you try it? How about providing an example of your problem code, so I can analyze it?
After answering your first post, it now seems your talking about something completely different; problems with passing a string between two programs:

I've tried again by calling the function from a seperate file with the #Include DBAFileName$ command in the source and it still passed the text to it correctly.

Source:

and

Include:

Note: Make sure you put the include file in the same place as it's source. For some reason, even though I used a full path to the filename, DBPro couldnt find it's target.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 13:33:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 13:33:37