Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Webhosts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 04:44 Edited at: 5th Jul 2003 04:46
Can anyone recommend any "good" free web hosts? (I know, an oxymoron lol ). I tried geocities and freewebs, but they sucked. Freewebs was pretty good, but I already reached the file limit, and I'm not even done with my site yet.

I found one that looks ok: http://www.winwebhosting.com/index.html.
Has anyone ever delt with them before?

Thanks!

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Dr OcCuLt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 04:57
Freeserve-very very bad!

you try up loading a big file say 4Mb 15 min latter it kicks the of the saying the you have do any thing for 15 min so it think your we think your doment.

--Dr 0--

You mean like a book?
Justin Timberlake N Sync.
On what he read this year that he most liked.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 06:04
No good free hosts. I've been looking for ages for someone to host my 20mb-ish site, nope, nothing. *sigh*

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 06:08
Just pay for one. NTI designs redhat linux special is $90 per year and is super fast. It comes with everything you could need.

Goto http://www.shellshockede.com
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 06:10
That's not easy for people who simply aren't able to get income, like me. It's virtually impossible to get a steady source of money under 16 in the US, thanks to the hippie generation *ahem* anyways, yes, it's not easy at all. Nothing wrong with searching for freebies.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 06:22 Edited at: 5th Jul 2003 06:24
Mouse is correct. I cant work because of child labor laws. I sympathize with you Mouse . It's so hard being a kid these days.

If I could and wanted to buy one, It would be easy and I wouldn't need to post here.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 06:36
I'd say just sign up for a couple free web accounts, I think you can have multiple.

At least it makes professional looking sites in a minute, plus no pop-ups and 40mb storage isn't that bad.

If I were you, I'd just pay for one of those $7.95 a month or something.Though Mouse warned, it is hard to get that kind of money for us under 16.

Hmmmm, the only question is.

Do you really need a website right now?
I ask myself the same question, but the end result comes up to yes, just for the sake of me to put up pictures, and to hold files.

Just keep thinking about it, and there's about 1 million posts asking how to earn money for 13 year olds, and such.

2D Fighting game in Progress

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 02:43:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 02:43:16