Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Upgrading drivers help plz

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 15:40
hiya all,
i was wondering if someone could help me cure my problem. some time ago i purchesed DB, , it was on Windows '98 but later on i upgraded my laptop to Windows 2000 pro and ever since then the program has not worked, . the program opens ok but when you try to run your code i get this pop up message, click on ok then it closes DB. If i make an executable and try run it, i get a differt message or nothing at all happens. either way i am stuffed. I had posted what the error said and people told me to get direct 9, so i did and still nothing. Then some one said that i needed to update my drivers but i have no idea how? My graphics card is "ATI technologies Inc. 3D RAGE LT PRO AGP 2X". This might be usefull or not:
Driver Name: atidrab.dll
Driver Version: 5.00.2180.0001

Oh yeh the Error message says: "System Error= Srufaces could not be created_[.000.&Direct3DHal]Failed to create a D3D Device from BackBuffer Surface"

all help would be greatly appreciated
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 15:48 Edited at: 5th Jul 2003 15:51
You can upgrade your drivers from the ATI website: http://www.ati.com

Or for the Rage drivers specifically:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/w2k-j5-30-1-b02.exe [Approx 8.31MB]

That will upgrade your Rage Pro drivers for Win2000, you also need DirectX 8.1 or higher. If you don't then I'd suggest downloading DirectX 9 from the Microsoft website:

http://www.microsoft.com

Edit: Just noticed your error message, sounds as if it's a Direct3D problem rather then a hardware issue although I'd suggest upgrading the drivers anyway. What version of DirectX do you have installed?

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 16:10
ATI don't tend to provide drivers directly for laptops - I know that they don't for mine. So you may need to visit the site of your laptop manufacturer and get them from there.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 16:21 Edited at: 5th Jul 2003 16:21
Hmm? I didn't know that lol. Didn't think it even made a difference if it was a laptop or a desktop.

Guess you learn something new everyday eh.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
mark
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2003 19:18
thx guys, ill give them a go

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 13:52:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 13:52:26