Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Questions and Problems With Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 22:40 Edited at: 30th Apr 2008 03:38
Hi everybody,

My friend and I are creating a video game for a project in school, and we have made our level and everything. We are having an issue with making our camera (and eventually object) collide with our world made in 3D World Studio.

This is our code currently:

Whenever we try to compile it, dbpro compiler gives us an error and closes. When i comment out the line sc_setupcomplexobject 1,1,3 the program runs, but with no collision. What am I doing wrong?
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2008 03:46 Edited at: 29th Apr 2008 03:46
When using Sparky's you have to include a memblock command in your code somewhere so the Memblock functions will be loaded. Just type something random like "Blahblahblah_null=memblock exist(1)."
Kind of weird, but try that and see if it helps.

Unterseeboot - Has you played it?
Los Mineros are on leave...
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 03:40
Cyanide06:

Don't try to invent forum tags! Use the Code button.

But brownie points for at least trying...

TDK_Man

Cyanide06
Years of Service
User Offline
lol my bad sry, first time poster, didnt see there was a code button.
Cyanide06
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " When using Sparky's you have to include a memblock command in your code somewhere so the Memblock functions will be loaded. Just type something random like "Blahblahblah_null=memblock exist(1)."
Kind of weird, but try that and see if it helps.

"

So when i do this, it still gives a compiler error. This is the code now...

Where would i need to put this memblock, and if its in the right place... how come it would give an error?
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 20:54
Where are you defining the two X/Y/Z co-ordinate sets for the raycast function?

TDK_Man

MoomanFL
Years of Service
User Offline
Nobody has asked the obvious question yet:

What is the exact error that you are getting? Kind of hard to give a correct answer if that is not known, especially since the first assumption didn't work.

Design documents?!? What design documents??? I thought we were just going to wing it!!!
Cyanide06
Years of Service
User Offline
To TDK: I think i understand your question but im not quite sure... Your saying I need to define the oldx# etc variables early in the program? if it wouldnt be too mucuh trouble would you mind explaining how I would do this? This is my first 3D code ive ever written.

To MoomanFL: it just gives us the whole "This Program has encountered an error and needs to close, would you like to send an error report?" message.
Cyanide06
Years of Service
User Offline
So, we have discovered what the deal with the compiler error was, we didnt load the DLL into the program... heh. Now we can run our program, but it still dosnt have any collision. Could anybody possibly give me a quick explanation or maybe example of how to use sparkys?

Sry to be a total noob

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 14:28:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 14:28:29