Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [/b] Attention Music Artists & Lyric Artists [/b]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 04:50
I am a young rapper, looking for a few people to help me out, and if you are good, I have connections with a record label, Kaamillah Records. So contact me at [href]cjg1042@twcny.rr.com [/href]if interested. This is especially to those looking to rap/write lyrics. Include your e-mail in the e-mail, and I am starting my own record label, though it isn't official, I can still Generate sales for you, with no cost for you.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 14:05 Edited at: 6th Jul 2003 14:08
I'm already a professional rapper. I've been on TV and radio a lot doing it, and also have had 2 bootleg albums out. Would be interested in any kind of publishing set up, or am always interested in new projects with new artists. What country are you based in? I'm from the UK and there's a lot of predudice against White, Uk Rappers here, would seriously love some US connections, I'd love to go to NYC or Cali and take part in some events Anyways, if you are any good, or want to hear an artist who is, give me a shout, at samjones@kangaroo2.com.

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes, They got them hoppy legs & twitchy little noses,
And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 14:23
Count me in too, been doing lots of it in my college years. yup, like Kangie told, prejudice is pretty irritating here, and the same goes for oriental ppl

Mine is darkblitz8000@yahoo.co.uk

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 15:26
Urghh, I don't like rap.

Although on a related topic I'm the Marketing Director of a company that records and creates mix CD's of local Rock bands in this area (usually 1 or 2 songs from each band) and we pay royalties for any CD's sold.

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 19:14
Solidz, u rap? Cool man, got any recordings of yourself? Do u write your own?

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes, They got them hoppy legs & twitchy little noses,
And what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 23:50
Yup, but not professionally (i dun think i can be compare with ya Sam - tv, radio, albums, etc)

Did it quite alot whenever there's gigs (balls, nites, party, etc) organized by our college, most of the time i volunteer myself to rap on the stage (i rap the songs of my favourite artist: Snoops, Redman, etc etc basically i just luv all of em, regardless of west & east sides!) Never did a recording of my own, but i did wrote lots of my own whenever inspiration comes to mind. (i even like Japs, Germans, etc raps, they also sounds cool, though i dunno wat they're rapping about)

Yea, the dream is always there when it comes to being a recording artists, but hey, who would want sign an oriental rapper in UK?
(yea, they did it few times in US, i just envy them)

Post Mortem Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2003 23:50
Here is a sample of my own works, (Dn't laugh, it might seem bad)

The name's J-Flex, the next Slim Shady in a bottle
I'll throw it all at you with full throttle
Can't keep me down on the grown
Coun't to three bacvk on the flee
Drug busts outta there bang bang
So right now girl, shake your thang.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 03:09
i've written rap, but i can't post umm here seeing as they would offend everyone and there mama, and my language in them is a bit..lets say naughty .

Opinions are like a$$holes, Everybody has one.
Yarbles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 03:20
BWHahahahahaha!!!!... (this is some of the most unintentionally funny shit I have ever read!)

Maybe you guys should take a shot on the next American Idol.

Failing that, you can always go back to your day jobs of playing with the skin flute!!

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 03:25
*does play the skin flute groovy lmao!

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 05:43
"Maybe you guys should take a shot on the next American Idol."

LMAO I was on Pop Idol, the original English version of the show, (I'm on the official video an everything fact fans ) and it has to be said, I ruled Well I hand cuffed Simon Cowell to his desk and let him have a piece of my mind anyways lol

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 05:45
Its cool to know I'm not the only one who can program and be controversial and "cool" at the same time Yusuke - Ahhh it might be rude, but were you banned from late night radio1? lol Ahh memories

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 09:10
American idol- HELL NO that show is for pop singers,

them lousy as bitches
who i should put in stiches.
Beat Kelly over her head
make Justin's hair red.
Simon is nuttin but a $%^&*( clown,
and ruebin big enuf to advertise his ho(shortened whole) town

Well I shouldn't get into a rap should I.

@kangy

Banned from one radio show when someone called in and asked for some freestyle .

right now i'm workin on the lyrics for a DBP rap, original gonna do my beat as soon as i'm done writing it.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 12:55
Maybe someone can answer this question, why does rap always have to contain excessive swearing and be about 'hoes', 'whores' and 'capping people'?

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 13:57
not all raps contains those words; Will Smith and Shaggy are some of em. (okay, maybe Shaggy got a biiiiit of saying that, but not as much as Eminem!)

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 15:08
I never really considered what Will Smith does as rap :-s

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 15:20
yu- lol cool

Exeat - It doesn't always, but I think the reason both Rap and Metal often contain a lot of what is considerred "controversial" is that they are very honest, expression filled mediums. You can't write a cheesey pop song about anything except cliched idealist views which only delusionned young teens can relate to.

Rap allows a person to reveal their innermost feelings and thoughts about any subject, and thats one of the reasons I love it. Unfortunately some boring generic "artists" shovelled by record companies resort to simple controversy without a message. Personally I have no qualms about swearing on a record cos I do in real life. I have done tracks about my actual feelings and life experiences of alsorts of things, including growing up, school, leaving school and going into the real world, drink, drugs, girls, predudices, war, everything really. I just make sure I say what I actually believe, but do it in a slightly humorous way to make it palatable and non-preaching. Still, its very frank, and often people don't like it.

Incidentally the line that really got me in trouble with the bbc didn't contain swearing... it was "When you're at a pool party with Barrymore, its a pretty cool party but your head gets sore..." etc. No swearing, just talking about a sore issue at the time which people weren't supposed to mention

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 15:42 Edited at: 7th Jul 2003 15:46
OK Heres a rap I did a couple of years ago that won a few awards at the time at festival battles and such, obviously it sounds a lot better live cos I know how to time it, and I can rap FAAAAST The reason I'm posting this is to show how Rapping can be honest, offenseive, funny and still carry messages. There are many in this rap, such as

1on't be predudiced against people because of colour
2on't hit women or children homosexuals, and only be violent when necessary
3:Murdering and child abuse is bad
4:George Bush isn't very clever lol

And a whole lot more It also is quite honest about some things, and not all ego boosted, I diss myself quite a lot but its all in fun. A fair few pops at popular culture as well. Oh and the part about Britney Spears, I'm joking The George Michael thing is meant in jest, I don't believe in violence against Homosexuals just because they are homosexuals. The point is meant to be that I don't think people should enforce their believes, wether sexual, religious etc in any forced and uncomfortable way (Ie flasdhing at me in a toilet without cause lol )

If you find graphic swearing or sexual language offensive do NOT read it. Although personally this is meant to show how rap can be fun, creative, meaningful and not just needlessly shallow and offensive. If its not your cup of tea, thats fine, don't read it

Oh and btw (c) 3PAW Sam Jones 2001 and beyond, obv.

Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 15:48
Yeah, I think it's not so much the swearing that bothers me but the offensive nature of it. I.e. All the rap I hear is always racist and offensive to homosexuals and other stereotypes, they also seem to overdose on the term 'Nigger' a lot.

I see what you mean though, but I guess I just don't like that kind of stuff heh.

Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 16:22
kang.. that was a good one(looks in his stack to fina a old rap)

Post Mortem Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 18:38
Sam, could you send me some samples?? cjg1042@twcny.rr.com

Jmansr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 19:27
I play sappy acoustic emo music.

Any chance of me gettin' some kinda deal outta this. :-P You should diverse your label. Have some Crazy Hardcore band, a couple rap dudes. Some sappy emo kids. You know? It'd be great.

Blue Blood FX
Check it out, RIGHT NOW!
http://blueblood.bandedsoftware.com
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2003 17:36 Edited at: 8th Jul 2003 17:39
Thanks

Lightning, hmm ok I'll try and upload some mp3s or something when I have time

Exeat - Yeah a lot of that stuff is just boring generic crap that makes insignificant youths feel "hard" when they listen to it. I don't really have a problem with black people using the term "Nigger" in rap music if they want, its up to them whether they find it offensive, but being white, I would never even think of it I suppose in my own style, the only really pointless swearing I use is the term "mother****" quite a lot, as many rappers do. I think its because you can apply it to almost anything without meanig anything different, and it adds a nice lot of sylables lol

Post Mortem Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2003 19:29
Jmansr: Yeah, I can put you uinder mt UNOFFICIAL label, because I haven't actually started a full blown company, but this label is legal, and I can market you stuff at my school dances,

Post Mortem Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2003 19:44
[img]http://home.twcny.rr.com/hhsite/label.bmp[img]

That is a picture of my original label( e-mail me with any suggestions)

Post Mortem Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2003 19:45

Post Mortem Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2003 19:46
Sam, I need to have a picture of you that you want on your Jewel CD case, and your name you would like to sell by

Yarbles
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 07:09 Edited at: 9th Jul 2003 07:14
Being a typical, thin-skinned little puke, L.S.Games (aka Chris Gizzi) couldn't take my light-hearted jab at this pathetic message thread. He felt the need to write me a private email telling me off and saying, I quote, "Canadians suck dick".

Since you decided to insult my whole country, I've decided to come up with a rap special just for you Jizzy boy, even though I've never tried to rap before, but you've inspired me:

Chris Gizzi is a momma's boy Sissy
He ain't got no record Label
It's more like a Fable:

"J-Flex Productions" Does penis reductions
That means your dick won't be gettin any bigger
Just another lame white boy trying to rap like a nigger!

stealth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 14:13
I rap... alot.. been on radio.. I also produce ma own beatz... been rappin for almost 4 yearz... dun shows all over the place in this country ( New Zealand )... I also battle on a rap battle board... an NZ one... anyways.. i thought I'd be the only "hip hop" person in the DB community ( apart from Flame but I aint seen him round )... OH YEAH .. this is ma first post cause I had probs when i first signed up and I couldnt get onto the forumz... anywayz yeah ... i think thats all lol

cheers

stealth

Post Mortem Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 17:37
Yarbles, sorry bout that, you kinda got my message to another person, who btw, is Canadian, but I didn't mean to address the whole Canadian population, so accept my appology.
Post Mortem Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 17:40
I was tired, and hit the send btton, w/o checkin g wh oI sent it to, which is everyone in my e-mails address book, (P.S.) I know your lying when you say you don't rap, because that was a good diss, 'n a good freestyle!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 05:02:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 05:02:03