Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Screens of my fps.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hallo

this is the project am now working on , and hope to finish it too.

DaRk - aNgEl
And justice for all.
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Hallo!

Am not working anymore in this project..

DaRk - aNgEl

And justice for all.
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Hallo!
More pics of my FPS.

DaRk - aNgEl

And justice for all.
Drakportalen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2002 13:49
*Drulez* Nice pictures! nice game! Is that BSP maping what program do you use to make them in?

www.drakportalen.dot.nu
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2002 23:43
Looks really good

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 00:28
look like Max renders to me
(i think the last pciture actually gave that away to most people thou - lol)

certainly interesting, though i caught a glimps of this on RGT... it is a wonder if your actually developing the world from a sketch or just make up as you go.
Just wondering because there doesn't appear to be consistancy - but then again thats just me

Believe it or not by FPS Single Players require ALOT of planning level wise, based upon the possible objectives set. If you don't plan it will show within the world you build and reflect badly on the game.

plan isometerically outlining most of the level and then go over them again for the route(s) the player is to take, then add the traps. ammo and such are scattered rewards and don't need to be planned as maticulously - but should still have some thought into where they go

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 22:16
that looks great, it really does. If that is what the finished result is going to look like, you should easy find a publisher (as long as the story is better than ok).

For some reason it reminds me of gta3 (maybe all the newspaper things scattered on the floor).

www.shockforge.com ShockForge Software
www.havochost.com Unlim bandwdith, unlim space, you.havochost.com, you.s8i.com, visit site for more details.
...::::ShockForge::::...
Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Hallo!

what do u think about the old pics and this ones?
(Lights)

DaRk - aNgEl

And justice for all.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 06:45
might just be me but the textures don't seem to suit each other
and wondering how you expect to export with light data to bsp - last time i checked no one had a .map or .bsp exporter for Max - althought gmax does have one, not compatible with any other max

Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes,that was my though about the texture , i think i should work a little bit one it.
Nope,The lights are not going to be exported , it is just to know how it should look in DarkBASICpro or Blitz3d.

The level is easy to import into DBpro or Blitz3d , with the pro .X converter or in blitz3d,importing it as a .3ds

And justice for all.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 03:01
well dxg exports lights and can be loaded in worldcraft - probably the best option ...
it'll take hours to setup the lights otherwise just how you want them, really need a 3DStoBSP

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 08:38
Can we convert a model 3DStoBSP ( really, I never tried to use BSP, it was Quark, them the weird python, just too much... ) but could it be done with a easy converter? Like, I make a map in 3D Max, set up all the lights and covert it to BSP??? Or is it another process?

About ur fps, I liked the second pics more

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-Rogue
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2002 02:43
I really like youre pics especially the last ones. But do you also have the ability to make it all into a game? else it would be a shame.

TheCyborg Development.
http://TheCyborg.Amok.dk
The Ultimate Source To DarkBASIC Programming.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2002 04:44
well i suppose if i could be bothered, i could make an exporter for Max - or a converter from 3DS as that can retain lighting information.

what you'd really want to use is a program created for developing BSP though -
Qoole, WorldCraft, Hammer, QeRadient and such...

Dark_ITheI _Angel
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope , with the level is no problem , as it will be exported as a .x and converted with the DBpro convertor(if the game is developed with DBpro,if it developed with blitz3d the no problem , as it reads .3ds ).

@Raven,
I never used such level-editos , but i think they are easy
about WorldCraft,
If somebody use this level-editor for their game , and wanna go comercial , they MUST pay a % to the engine-developers just for using their editor for your levels.

DaRk - aNgEl

And justice for all.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 02:07
nice screenies...

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2002 07:09
well i think you've missed the point in exporting to X

if you'd followed the chat about it you'd of noticed that we're all talkin' about the fact that DirectX doesn't retain lighting information - also the UV information required for a world of a decent size will not work presisly ... add to this from what i've heard there isn't a great deal of faith within this XtoBSP converter so relying entirely on it would not be something useful, and should be tested for effect and mapping etc before you get too deep in.

Secondly the Blitz BSP convert is bugged as hell, mainly because blitz doesn't have the file access level it needs to produce a proper workable version ... i mean it is all well and good have a 20,000 poly level but without BSP i don't care what engine you use with other engine effects and such that will lag like hell!

I suppose, i could battle with MaxSDK and make a .MAP exporter -- but to be honest i don't have the time for anything like that and kinda starting to wish someone else would help out making converters ... i mean i've not had time to work on Ciyanna or gameSpace this whole last week

as for Worldcraft ... only v3.0+ is own'd by Valve, others are free - there is also Qoole, Quark, QeD (source to dev your own) - 3rd party compilers as it is the actual format you're paying the licence for NOT the creator of the format.

personally if i were you i'd get myself Gmax, i mean i know how much everyone has bitched how it isn't free - but if you're planning to go commercial then i doubt that $1,500 is actually too much to ask.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-17 00:16:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-17 00:16:33