Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Running a Dbpro program in DarkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone, i recently made a small little game in dark basic pro that runs fine in DBP but i would like to get it to work with DarkGDK, I included the #include "DarkGDK.h" and placed the rest of the code into the file thinking that it may work but i get a mess of errors

error C2014: preprocessor command must start as first nonwhite

was wondering how i can get this to work any insight or help greatly appreciated,( do i need different includes, will this work or am i wasting my time, do i need to change the code b/c of compatability issues )??
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 21:55
Quote: "do i need to change the code b/c of compatability issues"

Yes.

You might crack open a C++ tutorial while you're at it: http://www.cplusplus.com

Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2008 04:55
DarkBASIC syntax and C++ is quite different... The DGDK engine commands are the same but there is some difference in the syntax overall in the two you will have to consider...

I don't know the second thing about porting but I think you could get it working without your head TOTALLY exploding...

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 13:03
Quote: "error C2014: preprocessor command must start as first nonwhite"

I guess that is because of '#'. Wasn't that used for DBPro float definitions? I suggest changing the variable names from variable# to variable_f or something like that.

Other than that, follow the tutorial links for c/c++, for example it is needed to define all your variables and functions...etc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 23:19:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 23:19:25