Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] Mars One Project

Author
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Part One

[img][/img]

Download: http://files.filefront.com/MarsP1rar/;10154079;/fileinfo.html
Enjoy! Part two coming soon!

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 12:02
Hmmm. Looks interesting...

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 13:35
Sweet! It's out! I'm gonna play right now.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 21:20
I played it. It was fun but there were two things I didn't like. There was lots of lag, and the game was too short. I really wanted to play more of it. LOl. I liked the c4 thing too.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the game was too short"

That was part one it was ment to be short. I had a few problems making all the levels at once so I reduced it down to three parts. Sorry for the lag, when I tested it out I had a little lag which was just right there at the start as you entered the level after that it was fine.Part two will be out late tommorrow with more levels. Right now I am just fine tuning some of the levels.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 23:52
There wasn't too much lag, just when you looked straight out at the village, it had to render everything.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 13:36 Edited at: 9th May 2008 13:36
part two will be delayed a couple of days. I'm having an issues with two of the levels when I build the game. I'll get it fixed I just need a break, been up all night trying to find out what's going on with the levels. I will release part two monday. Sorry for those of you that were looking forward to it. One of the things I can't get to work right is a new weapon I made a dual barrel mini. Here's a peak at it, it doesn't look like it will be in the game right now due to I'm an idiot on getting it in the game. Fpsc makes you wear it like a hat and no texture, just something fix later in my upcoming model pack.

[img][/img]

GP PrOdUcTiOnS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2008 15:16
Ok, well I played level one and WOW! Its was amazing!
the only thing that made me soo sad is when you go into the 1st house and there is no enviroment at all...
Just boxes. other then that though

Game play 10/10
enviroment: 9/10 (only because of that room)
OVER ALL: 9/10

cant wait till part 2! I still have to finish part one though

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I played it and it is very laggy in the beginning of level one,
but the rest of the game proves lag free for me.
I wasn't able to complete the game because the game crashes when it
finishes loading level two.
I'm also confused to how this relates to Mars. I'm guessing the story develops over time though huh?

Astek

Zeldar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 20:40 Edited at: 10th May 2008 21:56
It takes place on Mars.I'm going to start downloading it right now. Can't wait!

EDIT: What the?! It doesn't work for me. I already installed it.

Signed, Zeldar
.....what?
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the game crashes when it
finishes loading level two. "

I am sorry that the game crashed on you. I retried the game by reinstalling it on my laptop and it was fine, little slow though.
Quote: "EDIT: What the?! It doesn't work for me. I already installed it."

Reinstall if that doesn't work then I don't know to tell you.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 12:25
Quote: "
I'm also confused to how this relates to Mars. I'm guessing the story develops over time though huh?"

The middle eastern section explains how the player ends up in jail.

I also couldn't complete the game. It just shuts itself down when level 2 loads up.

I got an OK framerate although it did drop on a few occasions.

Things I did like about level 1

-The environment was very nice.
-Retextured enemies with smart AI
-Guns were powerful
-Concept of the C4
-Loading screen

Things I didn't like about level 1

-The fact that you didn't HAVE to plant C4 to win the level. You only had to plant 1.
-Enemies disappeared when shot.
-The house wasn't very interesting.
-The music got on my nerves. It really killed the atmosphere of the game. I would suggest a detailed war ambience instead.
-The Voice Over for the loading screen was a little flat. He also said "In this level". That kill the game a little, the fact that it was being refered to as "Just a game" spoiled the atmosphere. I know that's just nit picking, but it really did kill the realism.

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Since everyone has been having problem with level 2, just replace the level in the level bank with the download. hope this works for you all.
Quote: "The fact that you didn't HAVE to plant C4 to win the level. You only had to plant 1"

I did at one time have it so that you had to place all of the c4 to win the level, but then I change that when it would not use the win zone that placed even when changing the is obj.
Quote: "I would suggest a detailed war ambience "

I do have a war ambience if you listen. it should sound like an explosion, a 60 firing, a few ak's, a dog barking, and a man speaking arabic.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2008 18:16
Yeh, but the music makes it impossible to hear. I think it would be much more dramatic to just have silence.

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't get back here much.
I liked the 1st screen, nice. Good to see the Rock & Roll '89 Gatling hand-cannon also. Good luck with that one.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 23:43 Edited at: 25th May 2008 23:45
Sorry I haven't released part two and three but I have been busy working. I been working on some stuff for the game, that and I have been studying alittle more on how to improve this game. I want to make this game better and understand this engine more so that the game play improves with great framerate. I also just paid for a new program to make some cutscenes that doesn't take alot of rendering time. I have also increased the level play of the first 2 levels of the game, so this game be finally released when my ocd stops. As of right now all levels are complete, just no sound and final cutscenes. I won't be on here much this summer do to the work I do, so I hope to complete this game over the summer and get out the fall. See you all when it is finished.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:22:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:22:35