Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / SockBike (Socket MotorBike)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 13:05
Hello to all

This game is based on the mythical motocycle of tron, the gameplay is structured solely on multiplayer for up to 4 players.
For the multiplayer communication I have not used the direcx, but I have built a communication protocol by using the socket, named SockBike alias Socket motorbike.
There is also an opportunity to challenge in a race with a path, but is still being developed.
In the game I also included a power that allows you to destroy the wall opponent.

Below the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJLHwVUcKVI

I hope you like it
Hello
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2008 17:23
looks cool, so basically, it's a Lightcycles game for 4 players online?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - 340 KB is a little big don't you think?
Bad Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
The video looked neat. I would like to see a top down perspective of the entire map, however. So that we can have that neat behind the vehicle perspective, but also have a mini-map on the side showing where all the walls and opponents are.

Also, the idea of powerups is a very good idea, for instance, a sheild power up that allows your vehicle to pass through a wall unaffected. Or a mine powerup, where you can drop it anywhere, and a huge square wall appears in five seconds. Or a laser that you can shoot to eliminate your opponents with fire power. Or maybe a powerup that allows you to fly for short durations of time.

It would be cool to see your game go above and beyond the original tron concept (kinda lame and basic imo).

Buy some new FPSCreator Ready Characters at:
http://www.freewebs.com/fpscharacters/
klonoa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2008 13:01
For now, in the game, I inserted a powerup that allows those who take to launch a missile against a walls of Energy's opponent.
Communication for hours I tried only in LAN with four players.
The game ended, only that the arrangements race still is not complete.
Do I have still a bit of debugging and then load on the site for download

Thanks for comments
Argon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2008 13:01
Might I ask, how you are building the cycle walls?

I know that when you turn the cycle, that becomes the one side, and the other side is at the tail of your cycle. But are you adjusting the size of one box per wall segment, or drawing lots of smaller but equal sized boxes to make up a wall segment?

I think the idea of combat is great. I've always envisioned a Tanks vs Cycles version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 02:21:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 02:21:33