Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Needed some help with BSP maps!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Question 1: I've loaded a map from CS called cs_mansion.bsp as BSP map. And thats the problem: it's too dark in there! Is there any way to control light on BSP maps? Ambient affects only on loaded 3D objects!

Question 2: my BSP COLLISION HIT(X) function doesn't work!!! I can't understand why... As i can think, collisions is calculated, but result of this function (1) is not returned. There is a source code applied.

Question 3: My players is often falling through the stairs !! Sometimes he walks fine, but sometimes - falls down. There are some sticky aspects that i do not traced yet - is that camera falling or player object with camera?

Question 4: Anyone knows about BSP format contents? Can you tell me about it? What can i use of that? Some aspects such water was in ÑS maps, but it seems to be not processed in DBPRO.

If you have any suggestions - please write!!! I'm going MAD with this BSP already! It's kind of new zone of knowledges to me

Applied source code - is a rebuilded, rewritten, remaked version of DBPRO FPS tutorial! Monster models replaced - as last DBPRO patch doesn't support X format. Ok, thats the questions Sorry for my BAD english $)
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2003 19:47
(1) render your map brighter or try sticking in a made light (not sure on this cos I cant get bsp to work with my maps)

(2) bsp collision hit doesn`t work, not even in the demo bsp program

(3) change your bsp collision threshold settings(they are tricky to get just right), and play with the collision radius, changing one seems to have effects on the others so you have to go round and round altering the settings until you get it right.

(4) try "bsp map information" in your search engine, some of the other map information is available with a plugin available on RGT, also you can add in water with DB objects like the matrix or animated models even

cheers.

Mentor.

PantheR RIP
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanx!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 13:36:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 13:36:45