Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / using inventory items in fpsc x10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Can FPSC X10 be worked to include collection & execution of inventory items? An example to this would be the penumbra series. If not, how close can you get to this?

break it to make it.
DC illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW!! It looks like I stumped everybody on my first post. This was not my intent, sorry for that.

break it to make it.
puppy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 04:03
hmm what do you mean

wihte ninjas wihte ninjas wihte ninjas wihte ninjas playing my 360

sierra 036 come pley halo 3 i use noob combo
DC illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
An example would be - a door is locked. You need a key to open it; so you get a key. Now imagine that instead of a door, you find a cassette player & you need tape to play in it. You have an entity called tape. When the player picks it up, you go to the cassette player. You select the tape from a GUI, use it, (like a gun object), & the game plays an audio file.

This is just one idea of how this can be used.

break it to make it.
puppy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 03:20
well the tape player could be a door and then make it so when you open it aka put the tape in the open door noise a song or what ever you desire oh and for random ness make it play benny hill

wihte ninjas wihte ninjas wihte ninjas wihte ninjas playing my 360

sierra 036 come pley halo 3 i use noob combo
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 05:47
Uhm...Ignore Puppy there, he sounds disslusinal a little bit?

Well I have seen penumbra in action so I will know what you mean.

Okay lets start, this may not be possible to do, becuase there is not a inventory selection, but you can carry objects, so you will have to use a key.
This would also be resolved around easyliy coding in FPI! A simple yet easy language that can only take 1 hour to learn fuly.
But this could also be done via source modification, which would be harder, becuase the source code is coded in Dark Basic, which can only be accsesed if you own DBPro.

Good luck!

puppy 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 07:10
Quote: "Uhm...Ignore Puppy there, he sounds disslusinal a little bit?

Well I have seen penumbra in action so I will know what you mean.

Okay lets start, this may not be possible to do, becuase there is not a inventory selection, but you can carry objects, so you will have to use a key.
This would also be resolved around easyliy coding in FPI! A simple yet easy language that can only take 1 hour to learn fuly.
But this could also be done via source modification, which would be harder, becuase the source code is coded in Dark Basic, which can only be accsesed if you own DBPro.

Good luck!"

just remeber my way is half assed

Lost Planet Of Metlyio episodes 1-4 and full game preorders
Bioengineer episodes 1-4 an full game preorders coming soon
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2008 07:17
The player actually does have an inventory in the source code. The most you can use it for, however, is essientially keys. Granted, the key can be any item, and you can program the script to do anything when you have that key.

Look at doorlocked.fpi (or whatever its name is, lol) and you'll see the command to check for the use key.

DC illusion
Years of Service
User Offline
So, essentially, you can have cassette.fpi as a locked door. Then have it look for key2 -that could have a cassette graphic- & it work? That's great news! It would add a lot of depth to game. I was also thinking of making it a melee weapon, & scripting it to give a response when fired, from what I've read you can't remove weapons once they've been picked up. Is this true?

break it to make it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 12:33:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 12:33:56