Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Please help the Noob!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 04:51
I've been searching these forums for about an hour now; I'm trying to get a clear understanding on loading and texturing an object in DBP. Right now I'm using the trial version to determine if I will be able to use the full version before I buy it. Please help...

This is my code so far:
(I'm using an object and a texture from the FPSC program that I own.)

When I run the program, I get the following error: Could not create\\

IndianaFlash.com

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 07:33
1. Be aware that the DBPro trial has many bugs as it's an old version compared to the one you buy.

2. Using cameras, you either create a new camera with a number or you use the default camera which doesn't need a number. Your camera commands are not using the same format.

3. Your load commands are after the main Do..Loop. When your program runs it never comes out of the loop so your load object and texture lines aren't even executed.

4. Learn to indent your code now while you are learning. You'll thank me for it later!

5. Read tutorials 1 to 4 here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

6. Your image says '[untitled]' at the top - meaning you haven't saved the dba file or a dbpro project file. When you have done this, you shouldn't get that error any more, though you will probably get a whole new set of other errors!

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 14:18:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 14:18:24