Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Re-introducing myself:

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 09:49
Well, I actually used to love this site about 3 years ago, that is until that I'm absolutely rancid at programming, gaming or otherwise.

Hi, I suppose on this forum I'll be known as cloneboy (Without a capital on the first letter, that's going to annoy me the rest of my life XD) I came here a long time ago with big dreams of the next World of Warcraft, and have since matured to know that stuff isn't made overnight, especially without the skills required.

Since I've been out of the programming loop (I've forgotten EVERY DarkBASIC command I once had in my head) I am requesting that someone point out some of the more recent tutorials for DarkBASIC Pro / Classic out here on the forum: Now that I'm no longer an idiot (At least I like to think so XD) I am not going to complain about the ease of these tutorials. Pong? Bring it on. Pacman? I'm up for it.

So, any and all beginner level programming tutorials are requested. Also, after I'm finished those, I'd love to know where to head next!

Thank you very much for your time, I don't think know any of the moderators even of my time here, so I look forward to meeting some new people ^^
cloneboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 09:56
I'd also like to ask if it's possible to edit your post at all once it's posted, so I can change such stupid spelling errors such as:

"Well, I actually used to love this site about 3 years ago, that is until that I'm absolutely rancid at programming, gaming or otherwise."

Which was supposed to look like:

"Well, I actually used to love going to this site about 3 years ago, that is until I REALIZED I'm absolutely rancid at programming"
sinisterstuf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 15:25
There is the EDIT button on the bottom of every post that you write.

Happy, always happy!
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 19:46
yeah, it's underneath your avatar, next to the words, "Back to top".
there are tutorials at the top of this board (the stickies) and also when you are on the TGC homepage and you click forums, on that same drop down menu there is a link for the Dev network, follow it and there are some tuts there.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - 340 KB is a little big don't you think?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 14:21:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 14:21:47