Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Multiplayer with DB/DBP with ICS?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 04:39
Hey all.

I've been looking for articles about this for a while, but with little success. What I want to do is be able to play games online (not that none work, a lot do), specificaly DB games. I use ICS and unfortauntly can't successfuly send any data... the most information I've been able to dig up is that I need to open up some ports on my router and to refer to my network guide for more details.

Well, my network guide dosen't have any more details-- not on the manual, not online. I'm using an Anypoint wireless network, and it works great except for that little problem. I have full access to my host PC, but I have no idea what to do with it.

And help in this area would be greatly appreciated. My full network name is Intel AnyPoint Wireless II Network, and the main reason I want to get this working is so I can play Star Wraith III online.

Thanks in advance!
--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 06:21
hmm... i've had networks running fine over WinME & WinXP ICS
i'll see if i can't dig up some old DB code can convert it - i think i might have an old demo me an webdext did.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 22:31
This is a 98SE/2000 network but I doubt that makes a difference. It might be how the network works. But I'm that no DB multiplayer works, not a single send command every suceeds.

Same reason I can't host any games or send files through MSN or AIM...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2003 02:20
No luck I assume?

Vice has been helping me out hugely with this but I still haven't gotten the darn thing to work. I've found out how to enter ports on the host, and I'm entering the right ones, but no progress seems to be made-- I still can't join SW3 games. Do the ports need to be assigned on the client computer too? If this is true, I'm in extra trouble, because I have still not figured out how to add them in ME

Eternal frustration

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 05:15:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 05:15:21