Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Newcomer Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Im looking seriously into buying DarkBASIC Software along with DarkMATTER, but I wanted to know, what is the difference between DarkBASIC and DarkBASIC PRO? Once I know this I will be able to decide wether paying an extra $50.00 for Pro or getting DarkMATTER along with DarkBASIC 1.0, if anyone can post the differences and or what would be the best bet. DarkBASIC Pro...or DarkBAsic 1.0 and DarkMATTER?
Nilrem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 12:05 Edited at: 9th Jul 2003 12:05
I know everyone else is going to write pages and pages, so I'll save you the bother of reading them.

Get DBP over DB anyday.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
MvpOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Its really that good? Better than DB and DM put together? Cool, anyone got specs on each of them or a link to a page that does have them?

Nilrem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 12:09
Quote: "Its really that good?"
Over DB yes.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
MvpOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone have the specs of them both?
Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 15:02 Edited at: 9th Jul 2003 15:03
go to darkbasic.coms website for classic and this websites front page to see the pro specs, you can also download and try the demos for classic and pro respectivley, you can also download and try demos and games made by users so you can compare the two, can`t be any fairer than that can it?.

Mentor.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 18:34
i got dbc/matter and if i had the choice again and enough money, i would have bought dbp!!!

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 20:19
DM is just a model pack, and an enhancement for DBC (makes it support memblocks and some multiplayer commands, which Pro already does) DBC isnt being worked on anymore, and Pro is. DBC is much slower than pro. There are MANY (and I mean MANY) more commands in Pro that will help make your games a lot better, and run smoother.

If you have the money - go for Professional. It is so much better than classic, and it is still being upgraded. If you want some free models, then buy DarkMATTER, but I would suggest buying milkshape from www.milkshape3d.com and make your own models - thats only 20 bucks and offers you much more in return

Have fun with DB

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
CrayZemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 21:09
The same thing I tell my friends:
"If you've got the money and the system resources on your computer (I unfortunately do not), go, go buy DBpro. When you start developing a 3D project you will thank me for this piece of advice."

"I need gopher-chucks!!"
iammesol
Years of Service
User Offline
Im a newb, so i dont have any advice such as 3d stuff, but hey!

DarkBASIC Pro is BEAUTIFUL. No more black screen w/ white lettering! It is easy to read, color coded, and has tons more commands!

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2003 21:49
Get Pro, it'd faster, does multiplayer, is getting upgrades still, and has tons more features.

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
MvpOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Woah, jsut saw teh actual DarkBasicPro.Com website, every time I came I linked from DarkBasic.com and it didnt give me any details 9dunno why) but going from an external link it has all the stuff, Ive tried the DBC demo but I have 56k so downlaoding them is kinda out of the question with this slow com, but hey, Im gonna save up an extra 20 bucks and get DarkBASIC Pro now, thanks!
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 04:24
You've made the right choice.You won't regret buying darkbasic pro, after you put some time and effort into it.

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
MvpOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Definately time and effort, Ive spent time with about 20 other engines and most are just OK, but from what Ive seen with DarkBASIC Pro, this is WAY better than any of the free programs, and about having enough time? Most of my friends say I have a little TOO much time on my hands, not having to go to summer school and all, Ive made some pretty wacky 2D games using this other program (only supported 2D)...and now I have all year to do what i please, Ill definately be reading up and working at it...practice makes perfect.
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 17:01
Yup... =P I don't know why no one brought this up... AHEM...
DBPro is a completely expandable lanaguage... you can make your own Dynamic Linked Libraries in any language then use those commands in DBPro or make a text file OR a string table to make those commands part OF DBPro... DBC What you see is what you get... you can't expand on it... I think Matter gives you the ability to load DLL's so the Plugin I'm making should work for DBC too... =P along with every other language...

EVERYONE LOVES THE PUFF!... =\
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 23:16
i don't like the ide of dbpro actually. too bright...

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 06:15
Mattman:What's wrong with it mattman, too bright???
ummm, maybe there's something wrong with your monitor, and if not, just turn the brightness setting on your monitor down.

MvpOne:Well to be back on topic, one of the best things about darkbasic overall is the community, have a problem post here, and you can get some help.(sometimes within minutes!)You're lucky you don't have summerschool, that only leaves me with half the day to code.Well about 4 hours is usually in front of a cpu, and half the time I'm looking through the manuel exploring new commands and stuff.

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 06:20
no, my moniter is fine, just i didn't like the switch from the two ide's, it was weird

---Mattman
DID YOU KNOW THAT ???

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 15:47:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 15:47:50