Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with programming please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 02:13
Hello everyone I'm somewhat new to programming. But am relatively good at other game design like sprites, music, and ideas. Anyways can anyone help me with these ideas I need put ito script or direct me to somewhere else that shows these.

1. I want the player to be able to draw a line at will that will be solid in my 2D world.

2. I want the player to have the option to plug in his/her own music via MP3. Either by choosing a menu option or ingame menu.

3. As soon as the player touches a certain point he/she will be transported to the new stage. Like in Mario the end posts.

Agian I don't need complete programs though they would be VERY appreciated, anything from a tutorial or a redirection. Thank you everyone.
best seclub
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,man.I wasnt much of a programmer myself,but after few weeks with darkbasic i write code myself!and not a simple 'hello world' but a 2d game.Maybe my next game will be 3d!
BASIC is one of the languages that is both simple and powerful.The only thing i cant imagine is to make an OS with BASIC.DarkBASIC is prolly the simplest way to make games,sadly only for windows.But anyway,i think you got tired by reading these sentences.What i wanted to say learn DarkBASIC,its damn easy.Heres the link to a lot of tutorials:
forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=115633&b=7 .

books->movies->games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:32:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:32:15