Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Screen gone, Sprites on?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 21:02 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2008 04:29
Three Questions:
First Q: Solved!

Lately ive bin running my game with

and that leaves a small black screen.
But say I wanted to have that gone entirely and replace it with sprites. You dont have any black screen you just see your sprites and the desktop and you can still click on the sprite and the program be running. So basically a game with no background. Is it possible, and how would you even go about doing it?

Edit: I kept searching this and looks like I need a dll to do it.

Second Q: Solved, Thanks!
(Turns out I had my code in the wrong order, first layout then change window size.)

Im useing this code to start my game up:

However the problem is when it starts up you will see a black screen flash for less then 1/10 of a second. I guess its takeing time to switch from full screen or windows mode to what I want. However I dont want this black flash screen to appear, Ive tried the numerous settings options but no madder what it keeps flashing that screen then going to my window setting I specified. Is there anyway to start it off and go directly to what I specified without the black screen appearing?

Third Q:

When I go from that small screen to full screen with this code

It leaves the bottom task bar for a few seconds before loading the full screen entirely, is there anyway to just go strait to full screen?
Jeff032
Years of Service
User Offline
Question 2:
Switch your project to launch in hidden mode, that works for me.

Q and A but mostly Q
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 04:26 Edited at: 5th Jun 2008 01:33
Quote: "
Question 2:
Switch your project to launch in hidden mode, that works for me."

I tried this, it still has a smaller screen that flashes before it switches to the designated screen. Ill try playing with this option a litle more though see if I can get it to work. Do you have any further suggestions, maybe I am not putting the right code in first or the right order.

Edit: I figured it out thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:34:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:34:30