Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Best & Quickest way to make a first person camera

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2003 04:35
I am just wondering how to make a first person camera for my game. Ive been studying code, but I cant figure out camera's. The camera's are one of the only things I dont understand right now, so if someone can assist in helping me make the camera code then break it down explaining what does what, it would help.

I can do the movement code (all except for jump,) so dont worry about that, but I would also like to have the knowledge on how to make jump codes, with gravity (I plan to include vehicles, so I need it to be a gravity code,) & if you can break that down to, to explain it, it would be a great help.

I made a first person camera code, but when I tested the level, my character wouldnt jump. I dont belive I have the code anymore, but ill try to go retrieve it from one of my other posts, & post it. Unfortunatly, I dont understand the code too well, as I peiced it together from codes that I had found.

If someone can answere one or all of my questions (mostly concerned with learning the camera controls,) it would be a big help.

Thanks,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 15:49:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 15:49:18