Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 16:52
Story: You are a normal man who one day wakes up in an unknown world.You soon realize theres nothing left to do than find a way out of there.You will have to solve puzzles,run away from chasing zombies and avoid traps.Very interesting game without much shooting.

Now heres some screens,the demo is ready just got to upload it:

More pics comming soon

Soldier of Fortune Episode 1
Kaustikk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 17:04
Wow that looks really cool. The segments are sick (in the good way).
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 20:43
thanks here are some more screens

vonrims
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2008 22:16
I really like the design of it and it kinda makes me feel claustrophobic. And I like the colors too.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
You know what was funny? I was making a game exactly like that. But everything was just made out of the one texture, like the objects would be retextured so it looked better and fitted into the enviroment.

We are the cost of a world gone wrong.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 14:51 Edited at: 7th Jun 2008 19:09
thanks all,well my idea is to make the world half way programmed so textures are missing on walls,floors and ceilings,in the demo you will enter an elevator that will fall down then you will wake up in Con-Tech laboratories Medlab (simmilar to game Portal) beacause you are the only who avoided all traps so they arm you with a hightech shotgun then they teleport you back to the unknown programmed world,then you will fight different kind of enemies,from DOS 2d 8bit versions to all the crysis style hightech warriors only with your trusty shotgun

EDIT: new screens

the 4th level is done,i got gravematter so i used the crawling zombie to scare a bit and the demo will be uploaded soon,needs a few tweaks

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 00:53
Love the art style. Although the stock entity textures don't do it justice. Maybe if you cartoonise them a bit and add a bit of colourisation.

If it feels good, it's a sin.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
@DJMaster: Did you get the idea from the movies inside sets? I know I did. Like this.(the Bottom Right corner)

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 02:26
He could of got it from CSS. you know, cs_texture city map.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 10:01
nope,texture is fully my idea,never played that game deathead and tatters i play css but i never played cs_texture map,i only play de_dust and de_aztec,i also made a copy of de_dust map in fpsc for multiplayer,will be out soon too

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 10:48
I LOVE the Movies

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 12:36
The movies was a rather awesome game but after I spent over a year making a 24 minute long film I decided to put it to rest

I don't think the stock zombies do this game any good. You have an interesting style but you need to add it to everything on the game, not just the segments.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You have an interesting style but you need to add it to everything on the game, not just the segments.
"

Yep, like in my game with this style I had 1 texture for everthing in it. Letme see if I can get a screenie.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 14:44
no not to everything,my idea is you are in a half programmed world,unfinished so textures are on some places missing

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 16:17
That's what I thought. It works well, but they just don't fit in on an artistic level. To me, it just reeks "STOCK ENTITIES!" Which is a shame because this game looks very promising.

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 23:50
What Pus said.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 21:45
What Butt said.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2008 12:53
Just load the textures in PS or GIMP and cartoonize them, and maybe change the colour of them to.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:27:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:27:14