Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / pixel shaders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok here is my question. i have my game and when ever the mouse moves over the main character model ,i want it to highlight.
i have achived this with the code below.

i am using the pixel shader provided with dbpro what id doed is hilight the character selscted by the mouse.

what i want is for the pixel shader to make the object selected "glow red" like objects in NWN.

so if anyone can make me one or tell me how to make my own pixel shader the help would be much appreciated.
ssj3_shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
does anyone know what im talking about

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 13:47
Couldn't you just color object ob,rgb(255,0,0)? Or is the effect more complicated than that?

Once I was but the learner,
now, I am the Master.
MystikWarFox
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm... u could make an object slightly larger (and same shape) as the one u want to highlight, color it red, and ghost object on it....or maybe make a sprite over top of the 3D object and try that way (though this method isnt suggested) OR...u could bring the texture file into a CGI app. and apply red filters to it...and then when the mouse is over it...use set texture on it.

none of these would be considered 'good' methods...but they should work

ssj3_shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
TheDarthster - this option removes the objects texture so i dont like using it

MystikWarFox - nice suggestions but as u said not the best way arround it
i have tried sphere mapping with a red testure and this is fine but there is no way to turn sphere mapping off so it does not work with in my finction

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 15:41:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 15:41:17