Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Uber build errors when trying to use standard libraries please help!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have what I consider to be a serious problem with DarkGDK. I am largely an OO programmer and as such I make regular use of standard libraries such as vector.

I also wish to make use of some third party libraries that use vector and list so I kind of need them to work.

When I try to use a vector with the GDK I get a load of build errors. Here is what I mean...

... works fine although the linker settings seem to have to be set to ignore the msvcrt, atls and libcmtd libraries. It was like this when it came out of the box and projects are generated like this when you use one of the GDK wizards.

Now if you try to add a vector (or as it seems any standard library (iostream, fstream, sstream...) as below...

... you get the following fatal build errors...

I noticed that the first warning is about libcmt so I tried changing the library excludes to msvcrt, atls, libcmt (libcmtd changed to libcmt) and that resulted in even more errors so I tried msvcrt, atls, libcmt, libcmtd resulting in over 1000 link errors so I am guessing that isn't the solution

I have also after searching this forum for tips tried changing the run time type from Multi Threaded Debug (MTd) to Multi Threaded Debug DLL (MDd) to Multi Threaded (MT) to Multi Threaded DLL (MD) and none of them build.

This is causing me great frustration at the moment, It looks like DarkGDK has something about it which is incompatible with the use of some of the most helpful functionality that c++ has to offer!!

I really hope I am missing a trick here, If I cant use this stuff then not only are some of my favorite design patterns hamstrung but all the tool classes I have written as helpers are a write off!

Does anybody have any suggestions to getting this to build (and work) with standard libraries like vector and list??

I will give this a couple of days on the forum and then if not resolved take it up with TGC as a tech support issue.

Cheers

MACRO
MACRO
Years of Service
User Offline
I should add that the problem above is with the debug build, the release build appears to work which is at least somthing although a working debug build will become essential as the project gets more and more complex!

Cheers

MACRO
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2008 19:03
Under C/C++\Code Generation change runtime library from /MTd to /MT.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
MACRO
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lilith,

Thanks for that but I already tried it get the following:

As I said above I have tried all 4 of the code generation options and none of them work under the debug build configuration. The release build works ok but debug falls flat on its face

Any other ideas are more than welcome

MACRO
hweemiin
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All, I'm facing the same problem, anyone got a solution beside switching to release build?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:23:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:23:57