Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Open Source DGDK Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I started working on a DarkGDK game and would like to open source it! I'm hoping that others will work on it and we'll have a good product.

Is anyone interested yet? I'll describe what I've got so far on the design, code, and modeling fronts:

Models: Pretty dismal. I'm not much of a modeller.
Code: You can fly around in a space ship around a very large planet earth.
Design: I'm thinking a mix of subspace / asteroids / escape velocity...with a novel new idea (not too novel or new) of having the camera zoom in and out. Controls so far are a&z to zoom in and out, arrow keys to rotate/thrust/brake, and space-bar to fire the current weapon...

Does anyone want to donate web-hosting, or should I go with something free like sourceforge (tricky, I'm not currently using CVS) or geocities? I'm thinking of making a quickie geocities web site, but if anyone wants to make a proper open source site, go ahead and post here!

In the spirit of openness, here's the code so far! I'll upload the models if anyone's interested, they're like 150k total...

Actually, I'll just upload the whole dang directory as a zip file. What a great forum feature!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2008 20:33
Ill do webhosting. Got unlimited disk space with my host. Tell me what you want. i can do wikis (although a mediawiki's hard to setup), forums, CMS's (I'd prefer Joomla or Mambo), subdomians, ftp, basically whatever. I'm also proficient in PHP and Web deisgn, so I can make you a custom site if you really want.
aersixb9
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Jezza! You're awesome! I'll work on the game a little bit, and then can I send you some screenshots and the game itself, and you could throw together a simple website with some contact info (and maybe a dev forum if you really, really want to!) E-mail me and I'll send you whatever is needed to build an awesome web site! (aersixb9@hotmail.com)

Also we need more devs and a modeller! And designers too! Even if you have no actual skills, we still need resource / mission / etc. designers to create the game resources with the simple tools the developers build!
aersixb9
Years of Service
User Offline
As for the CMS / CVS, that would be good too, I've used winCVS before as a pro, but it was a long time ago and I didn't set up the server. If you need the files to set up the root copy for others to check out, well, I'll send those.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:33:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:33:38