Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Cannot Load 3D object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 00:43
Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem. I made this model (in x format) and placed it in the root folder of my game. When I compile/run, I get a runtime error: Cannot load 3D object at line 51. I don't know what could be wrong, as another x file I made works perfectly. Luka.x (the problem file) is about 7.5 MB if that's important, and I used a converter from another format to make it an x file (just in case that's important too).

I appreciate the help, and I've supplied the entire code below:

a total noob.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 01:27
have you check that the file name in root folder is the same as the file name you are using in the load object command.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Zergei
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 02:47
I've seen the code and there's some odd logic to it, especially in the use of gosub labels.

My guess, and i'm more than sure im right on this on, is that the code to load the object is being executed more than once due to this odd logic.

The best way to avoid this is to rethink the way your coding it. Else, you would have to check for the object already existing, and load it if not, else do nothing or load it into another index.

Further on my stuff at...
TurboSquid.com
The3dStudio.com
cyangamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 06:20
I think I know now. I'm using Maya 2008 and I used cvxporter to export my x file. I read a topic in another forum that said that had problems. :/

a total noob.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:29:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:29:11