Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / A few questions about DarkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I was just wondering a few questions about the GDK (I'm using VC++.NET), hopefully they are pretty simple to answer as i would like to start working more tommorow on my game development project.

Firstly I know there are a huge amount of people with the expectations of creating an MMORPG of some kind, but i do know how much work can go into MMORPG's and have had a fair amount of server side development and application development so me and some friends are starting small with just a basic RPG and then later on maybe go for something bigger and i have read some posts saying that this GDK doesn't have the power to create an MMORPG, but what about using my own methods to create client + server stream sockets?

Onto the main questions relating directly to my current game development. As an RPG/MMORPG you have a character usually infront of the camera, i have sorted out some of movement such as walking on a flat surface and creating my own models and maps, but is there a way to make objects solid or take away the "no-clip". Also how would i fix my character model infront of the camera? which probably seems like a noobish question but i just thought i would ask as Im posting this. Will be very greatful on help with any of these questions, thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 21:31:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 21:31:24