Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / The Lord of the Rings - Game :(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 05:37
Have anyone tried this game??? I just played and it really is crap. U may say the textures is nice, or the music or whatever... The game is empty, all phrases are diferents from the movie. Few steps and bingo...I got stucked in the scennery right in the beggining, in the village of Shire. The caracters lost his spirit. Sam, the best friend of Froddo Bagins is a stupid and makes comments are not funny. MANY bugs around, including scennery and sound, and as I said b4, u may be stuck in the scennery, so dont go in places to tight. Games like this and Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza should never have come to shelves....but they do. I really wonder where the once called "ART" of making games are going....down the river all the way
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-Rogue
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 05:48
ONLY FOR PS2???? WHAT????

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 05:57
There's a PC version too.....a poor one.......

-Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 06:10
Die Hard Nakatomi? ... pitty i kinda thought was an outstanding recreation of the movie

pitty it was just a little TOO close to the movie, you know exactly whats gonna happen and the objectives
that aside i reckon it would have been MUCH better if they'd done a handful of terrorists with very human intelligence, make it hard as hell to actuall hit them let alone kill them rather than countless numbers... remember killing something like 400 odd - you just gotta think, in the building without being noticed oki, 400 odd?
thats just a bloody army

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 06:35
yeah, it's old school games line. The graphics ask too much of video memory and u get nothing back ( they are simple, to do not say uuuuuuuugly )
Slow, and the animations of enemies are really weird. It's a game not worthy for like 60 bucks... Like the Lord of the Rings...
Believe me, I loved the movie, and for a game it really dissapoints. Perhaps someone who LOVES and DIES and KILLS for the LOTR will say this was the best game ever.... ghehehe

-Rogue
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 06:35
Die Hard movie is GREAT though

-Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 06:42
well the graphics were a little disappointing and demanding, not even using 32bit ... but then again not as demanding as Jedi Knight2
was only £25 in Game, so didn't seem that much to me

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 07:04
hehehe, yeah. Jedi Knight is definitly a cool game... But the engine is weird though, but still funny. But...arghhhhhh, there's a damn stage I cannot pass through..I have not even get a light saber
NOLF 2 Demos is pretty cool

-Rogue
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 07:06
25£ only??? This is half of what I paid... Why games here are so expensive. Thankfully my son is only 11 months, so it's not big deal yet It's only me buying games for the moment...

-Rogue
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 15:00
lol

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 19:27
I hate all the media crap they're doing with LoTR

--Mouse
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 23:29
Yeah, they are just releasing junk about LOTR to make money over it...

-Rogue
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 23:38
uh huh

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 23:41
rapscaLLion take easy with beers

-Rogue
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 23:42
lol
It ain't beer!
It's caffiene and pure adrenaline

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 23:55
You mean pure caffiene and addrenaline...

--Mouse
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 03:36
you can't get past the academy!?
damn... you're kind pants at it arn't ya hahaa
i thought the whole game was WAYY to short... fantastic but short

i love i think its the second from end level where you're on Yavin4 in an AT-ST blasting people, my friend said "i'll show you howto do this level" and ran through it using his powers blah blah... and i gave it a go saw the AT-ST just standing there. Turned around and said, "hey wouldn't it be cool if we could nick it "
jumped ontop and got in it like the turret guns ... so much fun

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 03:53
Really? I dunno what stage I am, but it's really really hard to find the way out. It's one with a big tower in the middle ( a prison )and that you go up bilion of stairs. I free the prisionners and then I cannot find a way out... Even through some ventilation tunnels I went, but always killed myself there I will make a snap of the stage
I really wanna try the light saber...I bought the game to play with the Light Saber, and everyone says about the lightsaber.... Messa want it, messa want it....

-Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 07:14
oh... yeah REAL earli
well i'm guessing you get to the bit with the fan only it isn't turned on

if instead of jumping into the vent shaft you go through the door right infront of you, search around for the controls for things (there are several to turn on )
you'll hear a powerup noise when you push the right one.
if i remember there is somewhere to check to see that it is on

after that go through the shaft and you get to a new area with the commander ... that bit i found bloody hard, cause you have to keep your gun pointed on the guy to make him move, but also keep him alive as well as yourself - i kept accidentally killing him (*^_^*)
it gets alot tougher before you get to become a jedi.

if you want to fight with the lightsaber play online
i play on 130.161.36.106 most lunchtimes - good server, pitty its European - i get terrible ping but oh well its full of jedi i know

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 10:34
Hehehe, pretty cool Thanks a lot for the tips buddy, I will try it. Hmmmmm, I never tried that game online, but I will run it I lika am dreamming to use the lightsaber...ghehehe.

U r in UK so it's just one hour less here, get ready lol

-Rogue
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 10:55
Here is where I am:
http://www.geocities.com/roguegamedev/jo.JPG

After I free the prisioners, I dunno what to do. There's a sealed door in my right, is there I should drive someone with me? I love this game, but I confess it was getting much dust over it after this stage ghehe

-Rogue
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
I may get it for the ps2 (this is the Two Towers one right?) only thing that worries me about these sort of games is replayability. I finished Summoner in 25 hours and B Gate in 35 hours on hard mode. I suppose 35 hours is okay but I tend to spend my money on games like Age of Empires II, why? erm cause ive must have done 500 hours on the damn thing and still love it. I know its a totally different game but why the hell should we stand for 25 hours game play when you spend 30+ quid . bring on Age of Mythology . Now if they did an Age of The Rings well I think ild go crazy for that.

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 16:44
I really don't know about The Two Towers ( I've just looked some screeshots of the PS2 version and it really looks good ) The version I got for PC is The Fellowship of the Ring. I loved the movie really, perhaps one of the best I ever saw. Though, I am not such a big fan and for the moment, I am not entrested in read the books ( I wanna see the movies first ).
The problem is...the game sucks, but anyway, peoples are saying that this is the best game ever, because they judgment is being clouded for the movie... That drives me nuts. Here is the link for the game:

http://www.lotr.com/frame_main.jsp

Remember, try a demo first, dont do like I just did cause u will regret. If u actually is the kind of peoples who likes what everyone else says it's good, so it's another story. But as a game developer, and fan of the movie, we can make better critics then "Wow, the best game ever"...

-Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 01:20
jebus... you have the gamma like at +12
oki... well atleast you in the hanger
the room i'm talking about you can get to if from that picture you turn right around and go back to the door, don't go through it just to the left is a lift to the second level (made me cry i couldn't steal a tie ), up there is a door... and a very small walkway, to your right is a grate to blow up and run through airducts striaght forward is a room you've no doubt been in before. The controls to the big ass fan (you'll see which one later) are in that room. Once you turn it on go back to the grate and run through the ducts, you'll cometo a drop which now you'll glide down because the fan slows your fall (^_^)

there a bit later on Bespin where you have to use the force to run through an incinerator, i got fried like chicken about 20times before i made it

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 08:32
dude thanks a lot I could finally pass through that stage Sometimes I really get angry when I miss switches... It was a time like when I reestarted that stage 5-6 times in a day just to be sure I haven't missed a switch, but I did anyway I need pay more attention in the scennery.

About the gamma thing, it's a bug in my graphic card ( crap Geforce 4 MX 440 ). After I close somes ( not all of them ) direct X programs ( specially Quake 3 ) The videocard gets really dark desktop. If I try to run another game, let's say Counter-Strike, it's so dark I cannot see an enemy. But if I run Quake 3 again, the card gets normal untill I close Quake again The solution is, always after I close Quake ( and few other games ) I have to go to the video properties and set the gamma to my videocard back to the normal... Quite lot of work
So when I did this snap, my screen was dark and I went to photoshop and put it's gamma really high ( now I can see how high it is....ghehehe )
Once again thanks bub Light Saber, here I come...lol

-Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2002 06:08
oh yeah that makes more sense
if you do a printscreen it retains the gamma level which in an OpenGL (for some god unknown reason) is higher than standard windows.

do this Shift + ¬ (key before the 1) to bring down the console, and type "/screenshot" it'll make a new directory in ../Jedi Knight 2/Data/BaseFolder/ called screenshots - it'll be in jpg for unless you use "/screenshot tga" the gamma is exported correctly.

Also you can bind it quake3 stylee, with something like
bind "s" screenshot - i mean i'd put it on something like F12 or Print Screen but you get the idea

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:04:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:04:42