Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Urgent! Help in Ping Pong Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First of all, hi there to all the game development community once again. I have been quite absent for a while, so I am a little downgraded to the stuff, but at least I have the recent news, so I hope everyone is getting well in game programming with this wonderful language of DarkBasic Pro.
Well, I hope you can help me in this:

I am making a small videogame for the final computer class proyect (basically, it was free topic, so obviosly I chose game programming). Basically, by proyect is a tutorial on videogame development, not focusing too much on game programming but rather showing the main process in a correct game progress to understand the basic ideas of the development and organization of any computer program proyect.
So I am making a simple ping pong game, but I don't know if it has been the time that took away some of my programming skills, thus I am getting quite some problems in making the videogame. Basically, I just need help in the following:

Do you know of some way to program a ping pong batter in order to move further in depth as the mouse moves up on the screen, and viceversa, while doing something similar with the horizontal movement?
To be more clear, I want to acheive a effect like this in DarkBasic Pro:

http://www.gizdic.com/freegames/gamespages/tabletennis.htm

As you can see, you move the batter with the mouse, moving it further into the table as you move the mouse vertically up. I need to get a similar effect in a 3D game to complete my game, but (yes you can laugh at me and call me a fool), I am getting a hard time getting it to work, so I will really appreciate your help.

Carlos

PS: If you want to see the actual code in case you know how to implement it properly, here is the data:

Have a nice day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 16:22:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 16:22:14