Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / someone help me

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 03:53
Umm.... I'm tryin ta make a very simple darkbasic program. I call it fling the thing... anyway...
What you do is u choose a number and it startes up the thing so you'll fling that thing.
At the beggining of the game i want it to load all the things. the objects, textures images ect. but if it loads the image it goes to a blue screen with the image there. Is there anyway i can provent that? or do i have to just load the objects when they chhos the thing they want to fling.
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 04:04
ERROR: I said QUOTE: At the beggining of the game i want it to load all the things. the objects, textures images ect. but if it loads the image it goes to a blue screen with the *image* there.
Not Image^ I mean Object!

Halozane Future Owner.
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 04:19
First of all, welcome to the forums! In the future, you may wan't to post in the newcomers board.

That is how DB loads objects/images. Once you load an object, the backdrop (the blue) is turned on. Here are a few solutions:

1) Command "BACKDROP OFF". This should at least stop the blue screen. Or you could use "COLOR BACKDROP" To change the backdrop color.
2) Load images as sprites. This will work better with "3D mode". In DBPro the blue backdrop will still be blue.
3) Paste the image every loop. This will make the image visible.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 04:24
O_o k...

Halozane Future Owner.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 05:09:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 05:09:32