Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / wondering if this kind of game creation is possible, and about DarkBasic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey- just found out about DarkBasic and im pretty intrested, but I was wondering a few things first. A game like baldurs gate, diablo- with flat backgrounds but 3d characters- thats considered what, like 2.5? heh, not sure, but i was wondering if it is possible to make something like that. One more thing, too. Theres the DarkBasic, then there is the DarkBasic Pro, wondering if I buy the DarBasic- (Im just looking into this), is it possible to upgrade to pro, or would i have to by that seperately? And also, whats the difference between the two- just wondering- thanks
Arch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 06:08 Edited at: 11th Jul 2003 06:09
Umm games like diablo,baldurs gate, starcraft,etc are all completly done in 2d using isometric perspectives. also db classic isnt really good at all , its interpreted and such and not very good(insert more bad stuff here) if you gonna buy one get pro.

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 06:10
Quote: "A game like baldurs gate, diablo- with flat backgrounds but 3d characters- thats considered what, like 2.5?"

I think it's like isometrical.

Quote: "heh, not sure, but i was wondering if it is possible to make something like that."

Your only limitation is your own imagination, well that's how it is with darkbasic/darkbasic pro at least.

Quote: "Theres the DarkBasic, then there is the DarkBasic Pro, wondering if I buy the DarBasic- (Im just looking into this), is it possible to upgrade to pro, or would i have to by that seperately? And also, whats the difference between the two- just wondering- thanks"

Well darkbasic is the older version and pro is much newer.If I were you I'd buy darkbasic pro, because it's still being upgraded as we speak while darkbasic is not.You can upgrade from darkbasic to pro sorta.You can buy an enhancement that will give you many of the commands that pro has, but pro will still have the same ones, and run them faster.So pro is faster, a little more expensive, and definitly more efficient.Plus pro supporst many other awesome features that db lacks.

By the way, welcome to the forums joeman.Post any other questions here.

Yellow:Wanna publish my game microsoft, cuz i no u rich so...Can I have my bag of money now?
Microsoft: *snicker* Tip of the month-Microsoft will never(probebly) publish your game.
joeman
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks guys- darkbasic pro it is, and im anxious to get started- thanks again for the advice and help

Newbie Brogo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 19:26
I'm just some guy that wandered in off the street. umm... hi

Halozane Future Owner.
CrayZemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2003 22:08
Welcome to a thread in a Dark Basic forum, punk!

"I need gopher-chucks!!"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 15:45:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 15:45:45