Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Building executable problem (and a gripe)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 04:01 Edited at: 15th Jun 2008 04:03
I have searched the forum, but found no help on this.

When building a game, it is just like the x9 version. Yet, when I try to add the level I want the program to build I remove the simple.exe that is shown and select the fpm for my level. The problem is that it will not place the level I select in the list. If I add (or insert) level, it places a default.fpi name in the list (default.fpi doesn't exist as far as I can tell). This leaves me with the choice of naming my level as simple.fpi and level 2 as default.fpi. As the default.fpi does not increment the more you add that means I can not build more than 2 levels in one game.

Of course using simple.fpi and default.fpi is not what I am supposed to use. I should be able to select my level just the same way I do in fpsc x9. I am using x10 v1.08 with mature blood pack, so the program is up to date.

I have spent the last few days learning how to get around quite a lot of the bugs in x10 rather than actually using the program. I have to say this is a massive dissapointment.

Has anyone else used the build level since the 1.08 upgrade? Does it work ok for you?

gripe on
I did try to find why the x10 smoke particle did not work, then after a a re-install to sort out other bugs, found that it does work (uthink suggestion in other board), it just adds the old fpsc x9 icon for the decal when you install the v1.08 upgrade, leaving the particle-smoke decal icon redundant as it does with particle-steam (steam 2 doesn't work at all).

Why is everything too big (stock)? I'd give up instancing for scaling quite happily. My fpsc x9 stock models look far better than the stock x10 giants, especially the characters which are way out of scale. Same with the map pack 2. So dissapointing the camera looks like a 40ft wagon with a lens and animation as been replaced with smoke to look broken... sorry but that is sad.

gripe over

Regardless of problems, a lot has been done with x9 to mould it into an excellent piece of creation software. I'm confident that the same will be done with x10 eventually because there is no doubt about the quality of back up and upgrades TGC's programs recieve.
Holloguts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2008 06:53
Finally sorted out the problem. Complete reinsatall ov Vista (pain of an OS) and reinstall of fpsc. Turns out Vista was causing the problem.
Horror
Years of Service
User Offline
does the game only run on vista?

Guru of horror

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 11:38:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 11:38:16